Mullette

In this au they all have powers. Herc has heat sensitive powers (he can control fire, sense body heat and stuff like that), Laf has telepathy and can fly, Alex can teleport and has very good hearing (like he can hear people from the other side of the city but he can control it) and John has control over the earth. All of them have been trained in combat. 

Lafayette turned away from Hercules, tears streaming down his face. Herc was trying to beg him to stay but he knew he couldn't.

Evemtually, Laf snapped. "You knew this could not last. You knew that eventually the real world would catch up and we'd be left stranded. Mon dieu, I'm a hero Hercules! A hero and I have duties to the innocent people who trust me," he yelled. 

"You knew this would happen and I don't understand why you want to ignore it. My life does not, can not revolve around you, no matter how much I may want it to. My life doesn't even revolve around me. I have sworn to protect them-" he gestured down at the city they both hated "-from you no matter what. I cannot let my feelings get in the way."

Herc argued back, "But you don't have to be the hero! You could just be a normal person or, heck, you could even be the villain! You can stay. I know you hate them. You never wanted this. Just leave it all behind and I swear, if it means keeping you, I'll stop."

Laf paused from his position on the edge of the hill the two were standing on. "You'll what?" he asked quietly, thinking he must have misheard. 

"I'll stop terrorising the city for you. If I stop there's nothing for you to protect, nothing that makes you need to be the hero. We can stop and live a quiet civilian life together. Isn't that what you want? We can travel and see the world and you'll be free. That's what you've always dreamed of, right?" 

"Stop, STOP! You killed my family. I swore that I would avenge them and I haven't. And I won't because I love you dammit. I love you and what you are suggesting is my idea of paradise. But I can't," Laf said, his voice falling to a near whisper. 

"Why not? I'll leave, but only with you. Do you really like our fights so much that you'll endanger them? Because, if you leave me, that's what you're doing. And you know it," Herc said quietly. 

Laf felt himself deflate and he put his head in his hands, running back to his lover. "Mon cher, je t'aime. But I cannot. I cannot leave the city," he cried, burying his face into Herc's chest. "When you killed my family you cursed me so that I could never leave. I have tried everything to remove the curse but I cannot. And you cannot stay because they know you."

Herc's heart broke. "I can undo the curse, Laf. If you come with me and stay with me, you can go wherever. That was the one thing I never thought either of us would agree to," he murmured. 

Laf's head snapped up. "Then what are we waiting for? Go collect your stuff but avoid letting anyone see you. I will tell the ministry that I defeated you and that I am resigning and going to travel. We can meet outside the city in at least two hours," he said excitedly. 

Herc grinned. "Really?" he asked. 

"Really, mon amour. I love you," Laf said, already running back in the direction of the city. "I will see you later!"

~Two Hours Later~

Herc stood outside the city gates, concealed in the shadows. He'd been ready for almost an hour and was just waiting for his lover so that they could go. 

Time passed and Laf still wasn't there. It had been almost four hours after their appointed meeting time before Herc decided to go look for him. 

He snuck inside the gates, avoiding the guards that scouted the perimeter. He was just outside Laf's house when the door opened and the head of the ministry, George Fredrick King, walked out. 

"Make sure the bait doesn't escape," he boredly told the guard stationed at the door. "I'm sure his "amour" will show up soon."

Hercules bit back a gasp. They were using Laf as bait for him? But, Laf was going to tell them that he'd been defeated. How did they know?

After months of sneaking into Laf's house at night, Herc knew all the secret passage ways, creaky floorboards and, well, you get that he knew his way around the house pretty well. 

Herc snuck in using the passage that led up to the basement. He cracked the trapdoor open a smidge and saw his lover tied to a chair, unconscious and bleeding from multiple cuts. 

Hercules concentrated and used his power to determine how many people were in the house. There were two soldiers in the basement with Lafayette, four loose in the house and the one at the door. 

Herc frowned and walked back through the tunnel until he reached the entrance. There he whistled and Alex and John appeared almost instantly thanks to Alex's teleporting powers.

"You called boss?" John asked. 

Herc nodded. "I need you two to teleport into the basement and knock out the two guards before they can alert someone. Follow me to the basement then you know where to go to get an easy, direct and quiet hit to them, ok?" 

Alex nodded and grabbed John's hand, John blushing at the small gesture. "We can do it boss," he said confidently, ignoring his friend's red face.

"Great," Herc said, leading them to the basement. Alex and John did their things and Herc came up through the floor, immediately walking over to Lafayette and untying him. 

Laf stirred slightly and muttered one slurred words, "Hercules?"

Herc smiled sadly, lifting the slightly smaller man into his arms. "Yeah, I've got you. We'll get you new stuff or something later because right now, we've gotta go," he said gently.

Laf nodded, still dazed and let Herc carry him out into the fresh air of the city. "What, what happened?" Laf asked. "I remember agreeing to run away with you and walking back to the city but everything's a bit fuzzy after that."

Herc shrugged. "I don't know sweetheart. All I know is that we're not safe. Alex, how many people can you teleport at once?"

Alex groaned. "The most I've ever tried was me and four additional people but it nearly knocked me out," he said, taking John's hand again. 

"Ok, then can you get us out of the city? They know you worked with me, they'll come after you guys next," Herc promised.

Alex looked serious for a moment. "I'll drop you guys off then I'm coming back for Philip. When Eliza died, I promised him that I'd always come back," he said. "Then we'll come join you guys."

"Ok, be safe Alex," Herc ordered. 

"I will," he said, grabbing his boss's arm and teleporting them all out of there. "I'll see you in a minute."

Herc looked down at Laf who was clinging to his arm, obviously dizzy. Herc scooped him back up and cradled him in his arms. "I promise that we'll get out of here Laf. I swear," he said, kissing the younger man's forehead. 

"I know."