Whamilton

George burst through the door and slammed it shut behind him. He was pretty sure he had outrun the gunmen that had taken down the rest of his crew but he couldn't be certain.

He peered into the darkness, beginning to feel along the wall for a light switch. When the light came on he saw Alexander, bruised and broken on the floor.

"Alex," he breathed, hurrying towards the smaller man. "Alex, it's me, George. Are you alright?" Alex just whimpered and cowered away from the tall shadow leaning over him.

"Why are you doing this? Why lie to me when we both know that you're going to kill me soon? I've told you before that I won't tell you shit and my answer hasn't changed. Please just leave me alone," he begged.

George nearly sobbed at the sight. First the British had taken his team, and now they'd destroyed his lover. "Alexander, please," he pleaded, his voice beginning to break. "Please just let me take care of you."

Alex began to cry. George hesitated before taking the small person into his arms. "Shh, it's alright, you're safe now. The rest of the team are on their way and we'll take you home, yeah? Sound good?" The only response he received was a broken whine and George squeezed his (probably broken) ribs.

The sound broke George's heart a little, but he struggled not to let it show and cradled Alex carefully against his chest. "Shh, it's alright, you're safe now. You're safe now," he muttered as he walked out.

The comm in George's ear crackled into life and (Y/n)'s voice spoke into his ear. "George, George, respond if you can hear me. John isn't replying and I'm getting worried," she said.

George muffled a sob. "Check his pulse, (N/n)," he instructed. There was a pause.

"Yeah, it's there, why? Laf and Herc- their's both stopped a few moments ago. Thomas and James are headed towards the trio right now, head back there to rendez-vous, please," the young girl ordered.

George started jogging, wincing at every whimper and moan that came out of Alex's mouth. "Sorry Lex, I promise we'll be back with John James and Thomas soon," George soothed as he ran.

The two arrived at Laf, Herc and John a couple of minutes later, and George lay Alex down to properly assess his injuries. "Yo, (Y/n), can you log Alexander's chip up and check his vitals?" he asked into the comm.

"On it, but I think you should check on John. His pulse is getting weaker and if we loose three members of the crew, we'll get shut down," she explained.

Urgent footsteps pounded down the hallway, and George pulled out his gun, ready to shoot if it wasn't the last two members of his team. Thankfully, the people to come around the corner were Thomas and James, so George lowered his gun and continued checking over his two injured crewmen.

"George, (Y/n) told us what happened. Are they really...?" Thomas asked, looking at the bodies on the ground.

"Only Laf and Herc. According to (Y/n), John still has a pulse, which is what I'm checking right now, and I found Alex coherent and able to talk, so it's safe to say he's alive," George relayed the youngest member of his party's information.

"Holy shit, you guys must have been ambushed," James muttered. "I never thought that those two would be the first to go."

"John has a pulse!" George announced. "But he won't for much longer if we don't get him to headquarters quickly. Thomas, you'll have to carry him, James can you scout?"

James nodded and Thomas bent to pick up his younger friend. "George, I can't access Alex's chip. It's either been put offline or-" she paused "-Or removed. Get him and John back here, stat! I'm assuming you have him because even your lovesick mind wouldn't be so dumb as to waste valuable time searching up irrelevant information. Get going!"

"Hold on one minute. Can you hack the British chips and do a virtual scout for us?" he asked as he scooped up his lover.

"Course I can, dumb dumb. I'm already in the British chip system right now. There are only five people in the corridors and as far as I can tell, they're all staff. I'll let you know if anything changes. Now, go go go!" she yelled.

George followed behind James, who led the group due to being the only one able to shoot easily.

They made it back to their ship without running into anyone, thanks to (Y/n)'s expert guidance. The doors opened to meet the five, and shut the moment they were behind them.

Immediately after take off, a herd of nurses showed up with gurney for John and Alex. (Y/n) turned up at the same time, and just sort of kissed John's forehead lovingly and playfully slapped Alex.

The nurses took them away and George collapsed. "Oh my god, we found him. After months, we found him. I missed him but what if he's not the same? What if my Alex is gone for good?"

(Y/n) placed a gentle hand on his arm. "Hey, don't worry. We have him here now, and he's safe, and you guys can figure out where to go from here. Ok? Y'all should go get some sleep. Mission control are gonna want to talk to you when we land, so you have about four hours to kill. Alex and John were both going straight into surgery and probably won't be out until after we land, so just wait. Go rest, all of you. That was a tough mission and you guys did well," she praised them quietly, standing up.

George smiled at her, and started walking towards the bedrooms, James and Thomas right behind him.

~
Hey guys! Did you like being in this? In the original version, all of them survived, but it was impractical, so I cut it. I probably won't add the reader into a story unless it's (A) requested or (B) it works really well in my head. That's all, happy day!