Tower

Song For The Chapter: Billie Eilish- Bury A Friend

"Hi Luna, hey Velvet!" I mumbled. I was so excited to see them but I was absolutely exhausted.

Luna and Velvet eagerly rubbed against my legs, purring into my hands when I reached down to pet them. They meowed loudly even Luna who tends to stay quiet. I smiled, using both hands to pet them.

"It was so boring without you guys. Nothing was as soft and warm as you two." Except Jace....

No, not him....

I bit my lip, pulling away to go shower. Mom and dad should have already fed them before bringing them back so I think they'll be taking a nap sometime soon. Enough time to get ready for bed. I pulled out the little plushies I got them at the gift shop and let them sniff it. They can play with that for a bit.

I slipped in the shower, easing the frown on my face. Anytime I think of Jace, I frown, upset that I'm thinking of him. I don't want to to keep thinking about him. I don't want to keep remembering how good it felt to be in his arms. Yes, he was so warm and comfy, yes his big muscular arms made me feel safe, and yes I felt completely... Loved-No!

No that's not the right word to use at all. No, no no!

I shook my head, turning the water cold to ruin these stupid thoughts.

He's just possessive, obsessive, cruel. He just wants me as his pet, as his little toy. Something he play with whenever he wants.

That's all it is...

But...

I bit my lip, exfoliating my skin slowly.

I felt so nice in his arms!

I whined, groaning out loud at his stupid, seductive touch!

He has me contemplating everything. As if he didn't bully me, threaten me, violate me!

I'm forgetting all of that for what!?

Because he helped me while I was having a breakdown? I had one before, he didn't seem to care then...though he apologized for that.

Jace even threatened me, am I forgetting that because he took away my nightmares?!

To be fair, no nightmares is enough to forgive a lot, if we're being honest....

"Ughhh!" I scrubbed my leg. "Ow..." I scrubbed too hard.

I squatted down, letting the water pour over me.

I don't want to say it or even acknowledge it....

But I really like how he treated me. Well, some parts....