Twilight Harbor

Song For The Chapter: Jessie Payo- Living In A Strange World

"Good Morning, Serenity. How are you?" Mrs. Crest said as soon as I walked in.

"Great!" 

"Perfect, then I can I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course, what do you need?" I nodded without hesitation. 

"I need you to go to Twilight City."

"Oh, I used to live there. What do you need?" 

"Perfect. I need you to go to the harbor and get me some supplies. I have everything on this list." She handed me a list containing a few herbs, seeds, and flowers.

"Okay." I smiled. "Is this at a specific store?"

"No, just look for the flower girls. They'll take care of you and give you everything you need."

"Flower girls?" I tilted my head, never heard that description before. 

"You'll know exactly what I mean when you get there." She smiled.

"Alright, I'll be back as soon as I can."

Back on my cute bike, peddling away to Twilight City.

The weather was a little cooler today. Somewhere in the 60s with clear skies with a soft winds. My outfit of choice was a olive green pleated skirt, a black button up top that was cropped enough to reach just above my belly button. I had only the middle two buttons closed to expose my stomach and just the top of my bralette. Sure it was little too little for fall but hey I love the cold and I was wearing grey thigh highs with black boots so technically I was in fall fashion.

It was a good twenty minute ride to the harbor. I grew up in this city but ironically I never explored this side of the town so I found myself somewhat lost. The only entrance I could find to the harbor was just a rickety sign with black lettering, 'Twilight City Harbor'. I smiled, peddling into the barren road that seemed to be surrounded by huge trees on either side of the road. Even more interesting, behind the trees, I could vaguely, just barely see water surrounding the road. Guessing by the smell, this road must be directly in the middle of the water, the only official way of getting to the harbor. No wonder I didn't know much about this place, its so secluded. The sun was shinning beautifully against the trees, casting a golden glow on me and the road. It couldn't have been more magical. My mood pulsed, smiling and cheering to myself as I got closer.

I made it to the other side, entering a cute neighborhood. At the very entrance, on either side of the road were two huge statues! Two statues, one of a man and one of a woman made of a dusty white material. It didn't look like any familiar medium.

I was so intrigued, I stopped in the middle of the road and just stared up at them in awe.

The woman, on a giant pedestal was standing on her tippie toes, arms raised, head high looking up at the giant ball in her hand. The statue was incredibly detailed, I could see the smile on her face, beautiful smiling eyes, the bracelets on her wrists, the cuffs on her arms, even the creases of skin around her body. She was an absolute goddess, dressed in a long skirt the pooled around her feet, with a slit showing off the entirety of her leg. Her top was a very small band around her chest with her sleeves just barely hanging onto her biceps. She wore a sharp pointy crown ontop of her wavy, wild hair that reached her collar bones.

The man, opposite of her, was standing, facing up at the ball he held in just one hand. It was when I squinted to notice the craters on the ball he held that I realized he was holding the moon and the woman was holding the sun!