Soulmates

Song For The Chapter: Ariana Grande Ft The Weeknd- Off The Table

Maybe- No, it definitely was because of my recent discovery of the supernatural and magic, that my nightmares worsened.

Worrying about Jace hasn't helped either. I had to wait until a day off from work before I went back to the Harbor.

The day everyone came to my house, I couldn't even sleep for three hours anymore. It was more like one, two at the most. My nightmares have gotten even worse. I didn't it was possible but apparently it is.

It's obvious at work now. I can't hide my struggles anymore, not like I was doing before. No. It's different now. I come to work rushed, full of anxiety, then as I calm down I get sleep. I'm exhausted and it's evident on my face.

The girls say I look paler than usual. I know I have dark bags under my eyes but I knew they wouldn't comment on it.

I'm making mistakes. I'm dozing off every few seconds. I flinch at every loud noise, flinch at every quick movement. It's ridiculous.

Then as it gets closer to leave. I get rushed with anxiety once again. Worried if Jace will catch me.

I haven't ridden my bike in over three days, an attempt to escape him.

Fuck.

I'm exhausted. I'm terrified... of Jace and my Nightmares.

"Will you be okay, Serenity?" Serene asked me as we reached the end of the village.

"Yes." I nodded. "If I find him, maybe my anxiety will lessen and I'll be able to sleep the tiniest bit more." Celeste nodded, guiding me into the deeper side of the woods.

Raphael's warning came to mind at that moment. I ran into him on my way to Serene. I told him I was going to see the packs and his expressions turned bleak.

"The shifters? Why?" He tried to fix his expressions, shifting around. "Learn about Sirens and Fairies, now you want to explore the whole world?"

"I'm looking for someone."

"Still looking for the Grey eyes from Halloween?"

My tired face lit up for a second.

"Well I wasn't until you brought him up again." I giggled.