Everyone's Truth

Song For The Chapter:  Chloe x Halle- Warrior

I gasped, sitting up but was roughly pulled back down by Jason.

"Ariah! Oh my God, you've been here too! You were protecting me too!" Oh, he's been in disguise just like Jason, who had a death grip on my waist.

"Don't get too happy just yet, Serenity." Jason let me shift around so that I was sitting in his lap but facing Ariah. His arm keeping me tight against him. Which I loved but do wish I could thank Ariah properly.

Ariah kept a healthy distance away from us, I'm guessing to ease Jason's territorial instincts.

"Ariah!" I gasped. "Ariah you were in my memories too! You were looking out for me, helping me. You always tried to calm Jason down when he was with me. Oh, thank you!" He was always nice and sweet and so incredibly soothing to be around.

I blanked.

"Ariah you were the one to put the barrier around my house, weren't you?" I remember Jason yelling his name with murderous intent the night I teased him on the porch.

"Yes, I could see how things were going to play out. You deserved some peace of mind. You had always had a barrier around your house, I simply plucked one of Jason's feathers to custom the barrier to effect him too." Jason sucked his teeth behind me. 

"Thank you so much, I wish I could've spent more time with you, I'm sorry you had to waste so much of this time watching over me-  wait-" I blanked looking at him. "You! You gave me the note! It was you! You-You pressed it! You pressed the phone!"

"Note? Phone?" Jason mumbled, looking to Ariah who simply smiled.

"I found a note in my room, it said you were lying about having other girls." I looked back to give him a sharp look. His confusion softened, lifting his hand up to rub my cheek.

"It's what I knew would keep your feelings from developing."

"And break my heart altogether."

"I'm sorry." He frowned, genuinely concerned. "I'm sorry for everything I did as Jace." I nodded, leaning back into his chest.

"I know. I understand."

"The phone" Ariah continued. "Serenity was deciding whether or not to call you. Her phone... glitched." He smiled.

"You sure have had a lot more hand in our relationship than I thought." Jason narrowed his eyes. "Ironic, considering this entire façade was done because of you."

"What do you mean?"

"The angels, as a collective," Ariah stressed. "Decided it was necessary to keep your memories hidden." Jason's thumb rubbed back and forth on my stomach.

"But why?"

"To protect Lucifer's experience in this lifetime we thought it would be best to hide your memories. As his sister you would treat him solely based on new experiences with him and not over the memories of the past year. We wanted his experience genuine."

"Even if you harbored bad or good feelings for him, your treatment towards him would still have been biased. Once he would return to his Angel state, Lucifer would later see it as forced love. Only treating him nicely because of the past. It would not have been taken as genuine.