Rose Angel

Song for the chapter: The Neighbourhood- Sweater Weather

It was a freezing windy morning today, the leaves and rose petals were flying like crazy around the house

It was a freezing windy morning today, the leaves and rose petals were flying like crazy around the house. Grey skies up above, threatening to drown us all.

A rainy day would be a great comfort. I feel like shit.

"Do you guys want to play in the leaves?" I asked the kitties who were watching me eat my hotpocket. Their tails moved synchronized, back and forth, sitting down and just watching me with big eyes. "I already fed you, don't look at me like that."

Both cats continued to stare at me, following wherever my hotpocket moved.

"I just fed you guys like ten minutes ago."

On silent command both cats snapped their heads towards the window, which I had strategically taped down this morning. My nightmares set a fire under my ass after the maze chase. I went a bit crazy once daylight hit. I taped the curtains in the living room down and the ones in my bedroom

And for good reason, I see...

I immediately sat up, slowly getting up as quickly and quietly as I could.

I doubt Jace is behind this, right? I mean..... He'd fuck with me directly. He wouldn't go to this extent to creep me out.... Right? No, he takes joy in seeing the terror on my face. He's never bothered me once I've stepped in the house.

I quietly moved around the coffee table and just as I was going to run upstairs, the cats ran to the window.

"What?!" I whispered shouted. "What the fuck are you doing??!?!?" I looked in disbelief as my suicidal cats scratched against the curtain, wanting to see outside. "Get back here!" Neither cat paid attention to me.

I got onto the floor and army crawled closer to them. I hid behind the other loveseat, trying to reach for Velvets leg.

"Velvet. Get your ass over here." I shouted in a whisper. "Here." I waved my hot pocket as close to her as I could.

Her eyes widened and her small nose sniffed in my direction, pulling away from the window and walking toward me as I lured her.

"Ha!" I snatched her up. "Luna, Luna please." I whispered, using my hotpocket again.

"Meow"

Hmm? Which cat was that? Was that one of my cats? Luna froze, listening.

"Meow"

That's not Luna or Velvet...

Velvet pushed out of my arm and ran back toward the window.

Its another cat.

I quickly pulled the tape off the corner of the window and peaked through one eye to see.

"Aww! Omg gosh!" It was a black kitty! Luna snuck under my arm, pressing her face against mine to see outside, Velvet snuck around, jumping on my head to see too.