Secret

Song For The Chapter: Eminem- Without me

At this point you need to skip this chapter if you haven't read The Power Of A Rose. This is a chapter is in a different perspective that will definitely spoil the rest of this book. Every time I post a Secret Chapter I will post another chapter so if you haven't read TPOAR, you still have something to read.  I will post the next chapter tomorrow that everyone will be able to read. 

"Look at her, Jason. You've scared her half to death. I warned you to take it easy on her." Ariah crossed his arms, looking at Serenity.

She basically sprinted home after stepping out the library, not caring about potentially slipping or skidding on her bike. The fear in her body was enough to make me hold my breath until she finally made it home, barricading the doors and windows then running upstairs to hide with Velvet and Luna. It only took her a minute to breath before losing all composure and bawling her eyes out.

"I had to warn her."

I dropped my head into my hands. I hate seeing her like this. It's torture. Especially since I did this to her. I caused this to happen. As if everything I've done hasn't been enough, as if I haven't hurt her enough. This entire façade is going to break her completely.  

Her cries slipped into my head, momentarily masking my emotions with hers.

"Fuck." I muttered, taking a deep breath. I can feel her pain. She's... She's horribly scared. I can feel all her emotions, hear her thoughts, feel her worries.

Serenity....

"There was a better way of handling this..."

"She..." I took a deep breath, standing up and leaning against the bark of the tree we we're watching Serenity with. Our position, perched on the trees branch, gave us a perfect view of her through the small windows.

Her small body trembled as she cried into the carpet. Perhaps I could've done it on a sunnier day so it wouldn't have been dark by the time she got home. It only added to her stress... If she keeps crying like this, she'll have a panic or anxiety attack.

Velvet, Luna. Ease Serenity, quickly.

"She falls so easily for me..." I sighed, crossing my arms. "It only took her knowing that I didn't hurt the puppy to completely fall at ease around me." Velvet began to nudge Serenity's head while Luna slipped under her stomach. 

It was endearing of course, Serenity relaxing around me so quickly, but our strong connection only brings more problems. Especially since I don't want to keep my distance. I can't keep my distance.

"Luna..." She chuckled, sitting back up on her knees. Her cheeks and nose were bright pink, filled with tears and snot. Her lips were a darker pink, probably from biting her lip so much. Even though the cats diverted her attention for a second, her pout opened into a sob, continuing to cry.