Epilogue

My Last Song: Seize The Power- Yonaka

"What is it? What is it?" I tried peaking on either side of Jason's big shoulders but he was too focused on reading the letter.

He chuckled, I looked up at his face. He looked a bit in disbelief, a smile on his face.

"What is it?" I hummed, slipping under his arms, standing against his chest, I tugged his arms down, letting me read the letter.

In the same hand writing Ariah once wrote the note to me, it listed instructions. It wasn't a letter at all, it was directions. To do something.....

"Serenity." Jason grabbed my waist, sitting me on top of the kitchen island.

"I don't want to pressure you or scare you with what I'm about to explain. This isn't necessary or mandatory. Ariah, well the angels, have given us a choice." His eyes were playful, happy and he was trying to hide his smile.

"You're making it sound scary."

"It could come off that way." He shrugged. He took a deep breath. "These are instructions on how to tie our souls together."

"Okay, let's do it." I smiled, trying to snatched the paper out of his hands. He pulled away, laughing.

"You don't understand the extent of what that even means or how to do it." He kissed my head, calming me down. "We'd tie our souls together for as long as we both live."

"Okay let's go!" I chuckled, wondering what the problem is.

"Oh, baby Serenity." He kissed my head again.

"Baby Jace." I returned.

"This means our lives will be paired together forever, if I die, you will die and if you die, I will die."

"I'm okay with that. I would be honored to die by your side. But let's not talk about either of us dying, we just barely started our marriage. I haven't even done much work in the world since the war." I grimaced.

"You will be okay watching the people around you die off? You will live through years, decades, centuries even, if you manage to stay alive." He rubbed my cheek, seeing it hit me.

"Oh, I'd have to say goodbye to all my friends... oh God Lexi." I know the other girls tend to live longer but Lexi, my family are all humans. They'll die sooner. That's a horrible realization.

"Everyone around you, eventually even everyone here." I gasped, looking down at my hands.

"I understand." The thought brought tears to my eyes. But I shook my head. "I understand but I will do it."

"Why?" Jason asked, lifting my chin up. "I need to know exactly why you choose to do this."

"Well...  I mean...." He wiped my tears. "I love you and I want to spend as much time together with you, helping the world, creating a different world for humans, for animals, for all creatures. There's so much work I could do, that could take hundreds of years to do-"

"Let me just remind you Serenity, that that is not anything you have to do. You are not obligated by any force."

"And I know. I'm choosing to do this and I want to do this and I can do this. Saying goodbye to the people around me is going to hurt. It's going to hurt so bad." Jason wiped the next few tears that spilled. "But I.... I know Death is inevitable, I know things have to change. It will be hard and I will need your help." I sniffed. "It's all because of you anyway. You brought all this knowledge and power and awareness and realization and confidence to me. You have to continue to carry me through this journey.