Secret

Song For The Chapter: Des Rocs-Living Proof

"Why do you push her this far?" Ariah scolded. I dusted my clothes off, kicking aside the stick he threw at me. I climbed up the same tree we always use to watch Serenity then sat on the branch, swinging one leg.

"I just got back from Hell. If she pushes me, I'm going straight over the edge." I glared up at Ariah. "I wouldn't have to be rude with her if I could act normally around her."

"You can't-"

"Yeah yeah." I stopped him before he finished. I know, I've heard it so many times already. "If being rude is the only way I can be with her than so be it."

"And the spit-"

"She spit at me first! I will not take the blame for that." Even if I was so happy she did it. I couldn't explain the satisfaction that rolled through my bones at the taste of her hitting my tongue.

Fuck...

I'm surprised she didn't hear the smile on my face, didn't feel the happiness pulsing off of me. For someone who is very empathic, she completely missed a vital moment that would've shown my true feelings. She could've realized how much she truly excites me, how genuine that happiness was, how much of a primal need it was to have her. I want her in every way possible. I want to please her and be intimate with her in every way possible. Whether dirty, sweetly, or savagely. Every way known. Her little stunt sparked every single one of those thoughts to flash in my head. I hope she doesn't do anything to set me off like that again, pleasure is the least aspect I have control over.

And I can't keep erasing her memory whenever I lose control, the time in the library was the last. I can't keep messing with her head like that. It hurts her. She has a horrible headache last time and slept the entire day away. 

"You exhausted the last ounce of patience she had. Between the nightmares, lack of sleep, and work, you are more of a hinderance that you think."

"I appreciate the compliment, Ariah. For someone who is a pure angel, you really suck at acting like one." Ariah rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face. "No wonder I always outranked you-"

"You did not!"

"Oh, I didn't? I know my head's basically been on a fucking stick getting spit roasted by hells flame but I remember my time in heaven perfectly fine. Did I or did I not have seniority? Did I or Did I not lead you in training? Was I or was I not the best swordsman?"

"If we look back at the war, then I'd say no. Lucifer was the best swordsman, wasn't he?" My eyebrow twitched and my smirk turned bitter. Ariah tried to hide his smile but decided there was no point and full out smiled. "Those tattoo's on your palms sure do good a job of hiding the damage he did." I scoffed, swiping my tongue over the edge of my teeth. Fine, he has a point.