Lights Out, Monsters out

Song For The Chapter: Sub Urban- Freak ft. Rei Ami

"Where were you!?" Lexi came rushing past the crowd as soon as we entered the resort. From the looks of it, staff and security isn't letting anyone out. She tackled me for a hug.

"Is my son out there did you see him?!" A frantic woman yelled to us. She was clearly in distress, panicking. "They won't let me out, I can't find him."

"Ma'am, we have a search team already-"

"No, I didn't see him, where was he?" My body froze, I looked at each camp, no one was there! Could I have made a mistake?

"No one is outside besides the search team." Jace spoke behind me. He caught everyone's attention, even the security guards. "If he is missing, he is probably lost in the crowd, I will help you search for him." My eyes widened. How could he even know that? And why do I believe him?

"No but he was outside-"

"I promise you, he is safe indoors. Probably a bit worried, let's look quickly." Jace put a hand on the woman's back to calm and comfort her.

"Serenity."

"Huh?" I jumped up a bit.

"Make sure you shower and change. You were out in that cold too long. That is not something to argue about either." I caught the message he was indiscreetly saying.

'I want you to shower and change before you get sick. This is about your health so if you don't, I'll edge you as long as I want.'

I nodded absentmindedly, watching him comfort the old lady. Not just the old lady but others who were asking him if they'd seen anyone else outside.

This is yet another time where I was in awe at Jace's wholesome actions. I wanted him to stay with me so we could keep talking, ask him to clear somethings up but of course I couldn't, others need him and his help.

"Come on, let's go." Lexi pulled me off to the stairs away from the crowd. "The lights went out. Nothing is working right now. But don't worry too much, I've already set candles up in the room. The heater is off though, staff gave us extra blankets and will have the fireplace on in the main salon all night."

"This... Went different than I planned."

"No one knows how the avalanche started or why there was one so close to the camps."