𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾

Dedicated to the one who I did a podcast for because his book Beautiful Swilnder is worth it Egwuji  

To a melody played on the strings of our soulsAnd a rhythm that rattled us down to the boneOur love for eachother will live on foreverIn every beat of my proud corazónOur love for each other will live on foreverIn every beat of my proud corazón

And a rhythm that rattled us down to the bone
Our love for eachother will live on forever
In every beat of my proud corazón
Our love for each other will live on forever
In every beat of my proud corazón

~Jayson~

52

~Jayson ~

Family.
It is the smallest unit in a community, and a community is the smallest unit in the society. One slip up, one misbehavior, one wrong move in a family will inevitably affect the community and the society at large. That is why families have a lot to do  if they want to build a better society.

My family, the Mustapha's is the most popular family in the whole of Kano, our state of origin and my fathers home. It was once a beautiful place filled with beautiful God fearing Muslims and Christian too. We live very happily understanding the concept and important of family. As a result we all respect each other, but because my family is from a strong linage of kings and queens my own family was highly respected.

Due to there position in Kano state I always made sure to come home during the holidays. It was always so much fun playing with boys my age, fortunately for us we had no idea that a storm was brewing underneath until it caught up with us in form of a better opportunity. An opportunity of a life time, an opportunity too good to refuse. That opportunity was for my father to become the new head of state of New Zealand.

Everyone, absolutely everyone in Kano was over joyed that my dad was giving such a tasking portion. I too was thrilled but I had my doubts and reservations about the opportunity. I mean there are seven billon people on the planet,  why him? I thought and after a while I couldn't kept the thought to my self any longer so I asked my mom one night and her response cleared whatever doubts I must have had.

" Talatu, hmmm Why think such things. Your father has worked very hard for this and you should be happy that he is achieving such Heights in your presence. Be grateful that Allah is using this to bless us so we can be an even bigger blessing to our people here in Kano."

"na gode inna, na durkusa za ki sami abin da za ku ce. Thanks mom."

She smiled at me that night and pulled me in for a hug. Three nights after that, my dad had his coronation and it was celebrated with a Big Bang both in New Zealand and here in Kano. All this happen in the summer of 2013 and I was happy that for the first time instead of spending summer in Kano, i slept it in New Zealand as the Presidents only son making new friends with that title.