𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 -𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

Dedicated to the one who has been Supportive of this book Peejaymatt

~Chloe~

"Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you
may the good Lord bless you
may the good lord bless you today.
May the good lord bless you.
We wish you many happy returns of the day.
Long life and prosperity hip hip hip hurry—"

I can't believe I am officially 16 years of age. It seems like only yesterday when my twin sister I  and were still learning to call each other's names, how time files when you are not looking. We were standing in front of 3 different cakes the one in the middle was the one with 16 candles lit on top. Immediately the song ended Zoe and I share a look of share happiness and excitement before making a wish and blowing out the candles.

Our whole sitting room was packed with friends, family and loved one. And for some reason I was a little bit dejected that Samuel Dawson didn't show up. Was my birthday that un important that he had to forget, even after we shared a kiss in school. But damn If I am being honest that kiss was fire, it ignited something in my that I have been ignoring for so long, the feeling to be loved. Just thinking about it right now is making me blush.

My entire playlist of Kygo was blasting one the stereo, but the song that was currently playing was Remind me to forget by Kygo and Miguel
I smiled broadly at everyone around, they all thought I was enjoying the music or enjoying the party. They didn't know that my mind was far away from here thinking about how Samuel kissed or rather how I kissed him so fervently, it felt so real like he had been dying to kiss me all this while.

"Baby, it hit so hard, I'm holding on to my chest
Maybe you left your mark, reminding me to forget"

I sang along to that part, reading a meaning to that part of the lyrics made realize, kissing Samuel for the first time was the fun part, exhilarating to say the least. The not so fun part was the responsibility that is tied to being committed to him. I still can't get over the fact that he kissed me back, now I am really staring to see it as him kissing me back was to remind me to forget. If that was the case than I am Glad he didn't show up for my birthday party, for obvious reasons this party would be no fun if he was here.

"There's no room in war for feelings
Hurt me to the core, still healing
And I know you're no good for me
So I try to forget the memories"

I sang along to the lyrics  swaying my body to the music even though my movements lacked coordination. Yes you guessed right, I am a terrible dancer but that wasn't the point, the point was to let off steam and my pent off feelings for Samuel. I wanted to believe that that kiss meant nothing to either of us I wanted to remind myself that it was just a mere kiss and I should forget about it. I keep dancing to the song ignoring the weird stares I got from my guest at my party.