11

3rd persons P.O.V
After that faithful day Shane thought he would never see that girl ever again.

But that wasn't the case.

It was like after that day she was just everywhere or maybe he had just truly noticed her, and every time he saw her, he would tell himself that he was going to apologize but then would have second thoughts at the last minute.
Maybe it was the over whelming guilt that haunted him that had refused him from facing her again.

Whatever it was it lead to him  dropping out of the 'popular group' a while after.
Every insult, every push and every humiliation committed by his clique hit him way worse that it did before, until the point he couldn't stand to be around them anymore.

He didn't understand why this didn't dawn on him sooner, maybe it was because he was never actually the one doing the humiliating, well, at least until that day.

Leaving the popular group didn't necessarily make him a target, no,he was still good looking and got straight a's.

But it did lead to him being generally avoided by everyone at one point,except to ask questions about his family friend ,Michael, something he wasn't he wasn't used to.
His guess was that they started spreading some sort of rumour around about him to make people start avoiding him.

Not that he really cared about anything that they said anymore.

After a while, he had stopped seeing the girl completely ,the word around school said she had moved to another town ,and everyone celebrated.

He was disgusted.

He hated them.

All of them.

And he couldn't believe he had put up with them for so long.

Now the girl had been gone, he thought he would now have  peace of mind, but, once again, he was wrong.

He often found himself replaying the moment in his brain and wondering where she was now or how she was doing.

Eventually when an offer came up, that required him to move to another town nearby with his family friend, he took it immediately and was grateful that he would get to start fresh somewhere else, in a place nobody knew him.

But he was proven wrong by the universe once again, on his first day of his new school.

When he saw her.

He recognized her immediately.

She had obviously changed over the past years.
Her hair was a bit shorter,her skin ,brighter, and she seemed overall, generally happy, in contrast to the miserable girl he had met before.

There eyes caught and she gave him the biggest grin and his heart almost skipped a beat.

It wasn't the shy, terrified smile he had given her when he first saw her.

It was a genuine smile of pure joy and happiness.

He quickly looked away and wondered if she had remembered him.