29

I sniffed and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, sobbing uncontrollably. I never understood this feeling of being vulnerable around him and being okay with it but I liked it.

It gave me a way to let out all my pain.

Through the sobs and sniffs, I mumbled into the crook of his neck, "I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know why I left you there... I'm so sorry.."

"Imogen." He knelt and pressed his forehead against my stomach. "Why are you apologizing? You should have to apologize to anyone. Not to me and not to them. So just calm down"

I realized then that I was probably crying hysterically. I wasn't sure why, I wasn't that sad about the whole thing.

There was just something about Shane that made me want to release all my pent-up emotions. Even things I didn't know I was sad about.

"If you keep ending up feeling this way, then why do you keep hanging out with them?" He asked, clearly frustrated by my reasoning. I was frustrated too.

I was silent for a while but my eyes were still glassy. Why do keep I following them like a lost puppy?
Why can't I make new friends?

I stared past the grey beanie sitting on his hair and fixed my eyes on his sandy-colored carpeting.

"Because they were the first people to accept me... and if I leave them.." I finally looked him in the eyes. But I'm sure mine looked empty to him.
"...Who else will want me around?"

He stood up but still bent slightly to meet my eyes, his hands went to either side of my face. He was serious all the time but his jaw was set and thick brows furrowed. More serious than usual.

"Me, Imogen." He leaned forward so his forehead pressed against mine. He was so close I could feel his hot breath tickling my nose. "I'll want you around."

I cracked a small smile and my fingers went to his head to brush the hair that wasn't in the beanie. "But you always call me annoying.." I said.

His forehead was still pressed against mine and his eyes were still shut but I saw his lips curve upwards.
"Yeah, but isn't that our thing?"

I giggled slightly, my heart beating faster at every passing second.
"Our thing?"

"Yeah, our thing.." He removed his forehead from mine and smiled. He took my hand in his and squeezed it. "You force me to have fun and I pretend like I don't wanna have it."

"So you admit you pretend you don't wanna have fun?" I felt my heart flutter in my chest and jolts of electricity shoot up my arm. I could help but grin wider even if I was cold.

His fingers intertwined with mine and I was afraid of whether he could hear how fast he was making it beat. A small part of me hoped this made his heartbeat too.

He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it, before placing it on his forehead.

I held in a giggle, ignoring the melting feeling in my legs. "Why are you being so touchy all of a sudden?"

He didn't reply for a while, but then he kissed my hand again, his lips lingering and spreading a terrifying warmth throughout my body. His voice came out muffled but I still heard what he said,

"I adore you, Imogen Davis."

~•~•~•~•~

He told himself that he was mad at her.

He told himself that he wouldn't talk to her.

The moment she left him in the hallway, he'd never felt so disappointed in his life. This was probably how Imogen had felt that time he left her in the park.

But he didn't understand why someone would crave so much to be with a person.

Yet, he found himself thinking about her every second. Whether she was having fun or wishing she was just by him, cracking jokes he wouldn't laugh at.

He told himself that if she would try to talk to him and he'd ignore her.

He didn't need her.

"C-can I have a h-hug?"

That broke him completely, he would never admit it but he needed that hug as much as she did.

When he held her, she felt so small and fragile in his arms. Like if he squeezed too hard he would break her.

She looked vulnerable too.

Eyes that once lit up at the simplest things looked downcast and empty. They looked hurt and exhausted.

Lips that once cackled like a witch at her own jokes, trembled.

He found himself wanting to protect her at all costs and want to wash away that frown.

When he held her hand his heart slammed against his rib cage and when she smiled, full pink lips curving upward.

He felt the undeniable urge to kiss her.

But she liked Micheal.

He told himself to stop, but his body didn't listen. Instead, he intertwined fingers with her.

She giggled, but she saw how red her face got. Yet, she didn't move.

He kissed her hand, it looked so tiny in his. It was the closest he would get to ever kissing her if she really did want to be with Michael.

He would wait for her until she was ready to confess to Michael. If Michael didn't reciprocate the feelings, he would always be there for her.

He told himself he would wait.

Yet, the words spilled out before he could stop them.

"Imogen Davis. I adore you."

~•~•~•~•~•~
Heyyyyyyyy
What are up guys

Hope you liked this update.

Sorry, senior year is stressful and I can't write as much as I used to.

If you a tmnt street punk fan, go keep yourself busy with my tmnt street punks fan fiction 'locked in'

Byyyyeeeee

Don't forget to vote, comment & follow.