16

"Heyyy" I chirped as I skipped over to the usual table I sat on with Shane.

He looked up at me "must you come here everyday?"
I rolled my eyes at his usual coldness.

"Don't pretend like you don't want me here, on the day that I don't come over, your going to be worried as heck!"

"No, I'm pretty sure I would throw a party or something, and that's alot coming from me" he stated blankly, he didn't smile but there was a tint of amusement in his eyes.

"Lies!, you'd miss my presence if I didn't come,you'd go searching the very ends of the earth, your just to proud to admit it!"

He smiled slightly "okay, let's say I did miss your presence....."

I didn't even let him finish his sentence before I sat up and pointed a finger at him. "Ah-Ha!" I exclaimed "you would miss my presence, you just admitted it!"

"No I didn't, you didn't even let me finish!"

"You did too!, you admitted it, indirectly, that's all I needed to hear" I replied smugly.

"Imogen-

" lalalalalalala!!!!"I said loudly covering my ears and closing my eyes "I can't hear you, I'm too busy basking in the glory of being right!"

Suddenly a large hand grabbed my two thin wrists and removed them from by ears.

He gripped my two wrists tightly.

"Even if I did look for you, it because I'm too used to you coming over"

I stared at him wide eyed, not even paying attention to what he said at this point "how did one hand hold two hands??"

"Your hands are gigantic!, will Shane junior have hands like yours?, yeesh!"

He narrowed his eyes at that

"And you have a strong grip too" I said and he quickly retracted his hand away from mine

"Im sorry, your just extremely annoying" he mumbled and I glared at him  playfully.

"Who the heck ends an apology with 'your just extremely annoying'" I scowled
"Your going to have to do it again, more sincere this time, where I come from, you have to fall down to your knees while apologizing or the great clorgnorg of my land will come to you in the night, kidnap you and dip you in ranch dressing for his supper!" I fibbed, moving my fingers in a way that seemed spooky.

"Not happening"

I shrugged "good try though, right?"

"Horrible try, but points for creativity"

"I'll take those points"

I glanced over the cafeteria and saw Michael talking and laughing with ,while the rest of my friends sat at their new outside spot that angel had so gracefully recommended to them and i narrowed my eyes in annoyance.

"Their just friends" Shane stated from behind me, I gave him a little smile.

I remembered what Michael had told me during the weekend, it really made me feel special and my heart fluttered at the memory.

I goofy grin made its way to my face.

I just had to hope- no believe that when the situation came up, he would choose me first.

"I know" I said slowly

"Then why do you look so distraught?"

"I look distraught because I am distraught!" I said crossing my arms and staring at them.