19

I sat on my bed, criss crossed, scrolling intently on my phone, reading a new wattpad book I found recently.
I was supposed to be studying but this seemed more important.
It was one of those nerd and bad boy kind of books, y'know the one.
Those ones with the sassy ,sarcastic nerds and the cocky bad boys.

As I scrolled through I giggled at a sarcastic comment the girl through at him.

This is such a Quinn.

How do people even come up with these things?

I wondered how someone would just have a spicy comeback right up there sleeve and able to throw anytime, I'd just look really dumb and it would take me a while to come up with it anyways.

Scrolling through, I squealed as the bad boy told her she looked beautiful with her glasses on.

I dropped my phone a smiled widely, imaging if something like that happened to me. My smile grew wider.

I got up and opened my drawer and rummaged through it until finding my desired object. A pair of old rectangular brown glasses with green spots.

I let my fingers skim over it as memories of when I used to wear them all the time came back to me and I smiled lightly.

Oh, how times pass, I can't believe I uses to wear these in public.

I turned to the mirror and took in my appearance, I hadn't changed to much, my hair was slightly shorter and I had gained a little weight, my acne was gone along with my braces.

I looked different.

The nice kind of different, the type that made you laugh at how you used to be in the past.

But i didn't feel as different though.

Still sad on the inside.

Still living life in fictional novels.

Still feeling unwanted by people.

This feeling was the same but it felt different, I couldn't explain it.

I stared down at the glasses in my hands.

Do guys find this attractive?

I slowly put them on and my face scrunched up the reflection staring back at me.

Yeah, no

I quickly took them off and placed them on my night stand, before turning back to the task of finishing this the book on my phone.

The more I read the more I wanted to be the main female character in the book, she looked so cool, I wished I where in the book.

Everything seemed so much better in the world of fiction.

Everything just seemed possible.

And there's always a happy ending.

No matter what.

And its always nice to know that the girl and the boy are going to end up together at the end, even after and the trials and hardships.

I wish life was that way.

But sadly, life was nothing like my books.

Always filled with uncertainties, and never sure of what would happen next.

I groaned before turning off my phone and laying on by back on the bed.

Memories of this afternoon came back to me and I furrowed my brows at the idea of not being able to talk to my friends.

Well, unless they came to me.

But what if their just really busy at the time and its not their fault, I don't wanna lose of friend because of any stupid misunderstanding.

I couldn't imagine life without them, they made my life so much happier, I never wanted to lose any of them.

I sighed.

C'mon Imogen, pull yourself together, people have bigger problems than you do.

But that doesn't mean I still don't feel bad.

I groaned again and turned to my night stand, where my glasses positioned themselves almost tauntingly.

More memories of this afternoon came back to me and I felt my cheeks become warm at the memory of Shanes fingers in my hair.

I lightly touched the surface of my hair he had put his fingers in before and smiled softly.

Who knew?

I bit my lip and stared turned over to the night stand, narrowing my eyes at the glasses on it.

"Would ....Shane find this attractive?" I thought aloud and I immediately blushed at the sentence.

WTH Imogen??

Who cares what Shane thinks???

Not me, that's for sure!

I huffed and laid down on my back and sighed at the star decorated celine and checked the time.

12:09 am.

What the heck am I doing still up by this time?!

I went back to my original position and closed my eyes but sleep never came. I picked up my phone again and smiled at the wall paper

It was a picture of Shane and I, along with Shane junior of course. And quite frankly, it was the worst taken picture in history.

It was extremely blurry as it was taken without his consent and he freaked out when he realized I was taking a picture with him and shoved Shane junior in my face, so anyone who saw the picture could hardly tell what the heck was going on.

I clicked my photo icon and scrolled through the pictures I with him.

Absolutely none of them where good, they where always blurry and Shane was always trying his best to not be involved in it in the slightest.

I kept scrolling and stopped at the last picture.

It wasn't perfect but it was definitely better than the rest because after much persuasion he had agreed to take just one picture with me.

The photo wasn't blurry but  it was still nice, in the photo I was squeezing Shane's  face and giving the camera a silly look with my tongue sticking out meanwhile Shane stood there stiffly crossing his arms and the vein bulging on his head signified that he was trying his best not to kill me and Shane junior stayed in and awkward position under my armpit, which Shane later nagged me for.

I giggled slightly and sent it to him, even though I knew he wouldn't get it till morning and scrolled through more photos which from here mostly consisted of pictures with Michael and old group pictures with my friends.

Three weeks

Just 3 weeks....

I yawned and switched of my phone, letting myself drift of into a dreamless slumber.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry guys been a while

Some....
.issues came up , so I won't be able to update as much.

But feel free to comment some constructive criticism and then vote and follow.

<3