18

"Hey Shane?"I said taking a pause from the burger I was eating.

" hm, yes Imogen"

"Take off your glasses"I smiled

"And why should I do that?" He asked, quizzically raising an eyebrow.

"Why not?" I gave hopefully but he rolled his eyes.

"I also wanna see what you look like without them"

For a second he stared at me and I thought he was gonna say no but he took them off and placed them on the table.

I blinked at his slightly different appearance.

"You have beautiful eyes" I complimented tilting my head slightly."and their so vivid in contrast to your jet black hair"

"Imogen, don't say things like that" he stated calmly, his cheeks turning pink.

"I'm serious!, you could be a model!" I exclaimed and he rolled his eyes.

I picked up his glasses from the table and put it on.

"How do I look" I asked, adjusting them slightly.

He looked up and stared at me with a look I didn't recognize but then again it was Shane.
He could hide his emotions if he wanted to.

"You look fine" he said simply and I scowled at his dry reply.

"Hey Shane, I look just like you, maybe we should get Shane junior a pair!, then you can be like identical twins"I said getting up.

"Where are you going?" He asked, looking away from his phone.

"I wanna show my friends!" I said skipping towards their direction.

This time Michael wasn't their but they seemed to be listening to everything angel was saying a laughing hysterically.

"Hey, you guys, notice anything different?" I smiled but none of them spared me a glance.

I frowned at the lack of attention I was getting and shook Camari gently only to get shushed completely before giving all her attention to Angel and smuggling into Desmond's arm.

I bet if I had a boyfriend, he would never ignore me

I quietly got up and turned to where I was sitting before but my eyes caught Shane's and I knew he had seen everything.

The look he gave me made me feel small and suddenly I didn't feel like going back there.

I got up and quietly walked out of the cafeteria and into the school hall, I looked for a place I could be alone and spotted the small janitors closet  at the side of the hall and walked into it.

I leaned against the wall ,a familiar feeling coming back to me.

Why does this hurt so bad?

I buried my face into my arms and let a single tear slide down my cheek.

I'm so pathetic.

This is such a petty reason to cry..

Its so stupid

I bit my lip.

Then why  did I feel like dying inside.

Suddenly the door opened up and I turned my head away from it so who ever it was wouldn't see my face.

"Imogen..?" Shane's familiar voice said but I didn't look up.

I was too ashamed.

He sat in front of me and just stared not saying anything.

I quickly removed his glasses and handed it to him mumbling a 'sorry' before taking my head back into my arms

I buried my face deeper into the crook of my elbow.

This is so embarrassing

The air was tense and I wondered his reason for coming here in the first place, just as I was about to ask him I felt, large fingers going through my hair.

I gasped at the sudden  but soft touch and my head snapped up towards him.

His eyes met mine and he quickly retracted his hand and his face turned red.

That sure does happen a lot

"I-im so sorry, I just-"

"No, don't stop" I quickly said, cutting him off from his shuttering.
I grabbed his hand a little too tightly and placed it back on my hair.
"I like it"

It was relaxing, and a little comforting.
It wasn't like those times my friends would ruffle my hair.

This was different.

It felt different.

His fingers worked their magic through my hair, leaving trails of fire on my scalp,and his green eyes stared into mine with such intensity, filled with different emotions yet none at all
I was pretty sure my heart was beating so fast and loud he could hear it.

My cheeks turned red and I buried it back into my arms.

"I don't think you should let your friends treat you that way" he started and I shrugged.

There's nothing wrong with them, I'm the problem for being so needy.

"Your making yourself too available and their taking you for granted"

I kept silent.

"Imogen" he said

I looked up "yes?"

"I want you to go 3 weeks without talking to them I'm the slightest" he declared

I furrowed my brows at him

"Let's see is they come to you on their own terms"

"What if they don't?" I didn't mean it but my voice came out scared, terrified even.

"If your absence doesn't affect them then your presence never mattered" he stated simply.

I was silent for a while.

"I don't want to know if my presence never mattered.."

"If their really your friends, it will"

I was silent again.

"I'll be here with you, through out" he said giving me a side smile.

My eyes watered slightly and I moved his hands from my hair and smiled at him before jumping to wrap my arms around his neck.

He was stiff and definitely hesitant at first but soon his arms wrapped around my waist, accepting the hug.

I smiled at the crook of his neck.

He was going to be with me throughout..

For some reason

That didn't seem so bad.

~•~~•~•~•~•~•~

Hiiii

Thanks for reading

Vote
Recommend
Follow
And comment
Love ya!