Chapter 13- The project

MONDAY (Project work starts)
Author POV

Little note-
The songs I have used are paper hearts by Tori Kelly , over and over again by Nathan Sykes and confession of a friend by 2AM. TXT have done covers of all of these songs and can be found on youtube. I will detail who is singing what parts and stuff. The members singing in the covers are not necessarily going to be the people singing in the story.

It had been two days and the boys were all now mat up again at Tae and Kai's house, sitting in the kitchen deciding what to do. "Where should we even start?" Kai asked. "Well Soobin what kinda lyrics did you get down?" Beomgyu asked as he sat next to Tae, holding his hand under the table. "I got some lyrics for both songs," Soobin said looking through his notebook vigorously. "I spent Sunday in the studio with Kai just messing around with movements," Yeonjun said. "Me and Gyu looked over melody ideas so now we just need to put it together and figure it out right?" Taehyun said, brushing his hand on Beomgyu's leg. Tae was calm and so was Beomgyu but he was progressively turning red as his lover drew circled on his thigh. "Id say we do that but first why the fuck are you so red?" Soobin said, concerned as he looked at Beomgyu.

Beomgyu turned to Taehyun with big eyes and nodded a little. He knew it was time to tell them. "Well... Me and Gyu..." Teahyun couldn't get a sentence out properly. Though he was normally confident he was for sure nervous about his friends reaction. He didn't know how they would feel about him being gay let alone dating one of their firnedns. "Spit it out Taehyun. We're not gonna bite" Yeonjun said, kind of impatiently. "Me and Beomgyu are dating. I know it's sudden but it felt like it had been progressing for ages and I kissed him as a joke kinda thing but it turned out proving our feelings for eachother and here we are. Please don't hate us" Taehyun explained, speaking very quickly out of fear, his heart racing alongside his lovers. The rest of the boys stared blankly, blinking sharply before smiling. "IT HAPPENED!" Yeonjun said with a big smile. "God finally, i've only been here for a short while and even i've felt the tension" Soobin remarked smiling brightly at the pair. Beomgyu blushed pulling himself closer to Tae to hide his reddening face.

"What did you think would happen?" Kai asked just as happy. "Maybe that you would hate us for being gay AND dating close friends" Beomgyu shot before shying back down into Taes arms. "The last I checked Me and Kai were infact gay of some description" Yeonjun said, coking his head. "Would have been nice to know," Tae mumbled. "Hey I heard that. I'm also the gayest there is so it's all good" Soobin remarked happily. He was happy about the new couple, yes but even more excited that Yeonjun confirmed that he did in fact like boys meaning Soobin had a chance. Yeonjun was extremely happy for his friends. He has been there since day one and had seen it brewing for a long time so felt relieved to know it finally happened. Kai himself was happy but felt a small pit of sadness in his stomach but he didn't exactly know why.

After talking about relationships for about 15 minutes Kai grew kind of impatient and just wanted to start working. "C'mon guys we have performances to prepare for," Kai said excitedly. "Ok so Soobin hyung, we will start with stage 1. What lyrics do you have?" Beomgyu asked "I got the idea for a song called 'paper hearts' wanna see the lyrics i have?" Soobin asked. "I mean do you have a melody in mind?" Taehyun asked. Soobin nodded shyly. "Then would you be okay singing it for us? It's fine if not" Beomgyu asked. Soobin nodded again, flipping his notebook pages to one with messy handwriting that no one but him could read. He took a deep breath before singing the entirety of his work start to finish, hoping his friends would like it.

'Goodbye love, you flew right by, love
Remember the way you made me feel
Such young love but
Something in me knew that it was real
Frozen in my head
Pictures I'm living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind
I hate this part, paper hearts
And I'll hold a piece of yours
Don't think I would just forget about it
Hoping that you won't forget about it
Everything is gray under these skies
Wet mascara
Hiding every cloud under a smile
When there's cameras
And I just can't reach out to tell you
That I always wonder what you're up to
Pictures I'm living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind
I hate this part, paper hearts
And I'll hold a piece of yours
Don't think I would just forget about it
Hoping that you won't forget
I live through pictures
As if I was right there by your side
But you'll be good without me
And if I could just give it some time
I'll be alright
Goodbye love, you flew right by love
Pictures I'm living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind
I hate this part, paper hearts
And I'll hold a piece of yours
Don't think I would just forget about it
Hoping that you won't forget'

His voice was soft and quiet but loud enough for everyone to hear. The way he sand brought tears to their eyes. No one expected for him to sing so well but it just sounded so right. When the song was over Soobin couldn't help but look downwards shyly. "Soobin that was amazing! You've clearly worked really hard because it sounded so good" Yeonjun exclaimed, giving his friend a hug. "Thanks," Soobin said looking up with a little shy smile. "What do you guys think?" Soobin asked, looking at the others. Tae and Beomgyu were cuddled with each other lovingly as they both responded. "I love it, the melody is actually perfect so if you come upstairs later we will record it on my phone so me and Tae can produce the backing track" Beomgyu said with a wide smile. "It sounded amazing and I'm sure everyone else would think so. What do you say Kai?" Tae said. Kai was often dramatic as if he was straight out of a K-drama and it really showed. "How am I supposed to live when he tried to kill me like that. HOW why was it so good" Kai said standing up and pulling at his hair before standing up to answer properly. "You quite done?" Yeonjun asked the younger. "Yes i'm done now just had to get that out there. I'm in love with it, I would see it as a duo you know" Kai responded seriously.

"I'd say a duo would be cute, for sure I want Soobin there for this one and may-" Soobin cut Beomgyu off "For the second one I can see Tae and Gyu. It seems fit and I have written a third and I think Tae, Gyu and Kai could pull it off. You don't have to trust me but I think it would be nice to see if it would work" Sooin explained. "3 stages, I mean I'm sure we're all down for that, it would get us a higher grade so I would put Yeonjun in paper hearts as a singer" Beomgyu said as Taehyun noted down every word Soobin had said. "I'm happy to do whatever," Yeonjun replied. "Okay so 'paper hearts' is Yeonjun and Soobin. Sorted" Taehyun stated.

"You said we had 3. What's the second song? Do you have the words for that one as well?" Kai asked Soobin curiously. Soobin nodded. "I've already written all 3," He admitted. "Ooh let's hear it then" Beomgyu said excitedly. "It's called 'over and over again'" Soobin stated before singing once again.

After they listened to the song for stage 2 they all agreed Tae and Beomgyu would do it really well. They also listened to stage 3 which would be called 'confession of a friend' and simultaneously agreed on Kai, Taehyun and Beomgyu singing that one. Soobins talents were admirable to all of them and now they were even more excited for the next day when they would record them all. Later that evening Beomgyu filmed Soobin singing the 3 songs so he and Tae could work on the music overnight ready for the next day.

It was late now and everyone was back in their own homes apart from Beomgyu. He was staying overnight once again to produce the music with Tae. It was surprisingly easy as they kept the tracks limited to 1-2 instruments each to keep it simple. The songs were sweet enough alone so the instrumental would make them even more calm and fit with the theme well. They decided on the music being played live by a person who wasn't performing whale at least one of them danced.

And that's a wrap for the day. They all fell asleep excited for the next day and who knows what it will bring.

A/N
Another chapter done. You wont actually have to read most of the work they do but the next chapter will be when their back at school, Im skipping the two weeks off becuse its boring.
Hope you enjoyed reading. Dont forget to vote
~ Author C