Chapter 54- What they didn't know

AUTHOR POV

What everyone didn't know was that when Soobin was babbling to himself, every single word he said ran through Seonghwa's head a thousand times per second.

The phrase 'I didn't do it' sticking with him more than the others.

He wondered over and over again about what Soobin could have been talking about

What could Soobin have done that was wrong?

Seonghwa sat in silence, his eyes zoned out as the rest of the group conversed over god knows what. It was honestly creepy how blank he looked but his brain was thinking about so many things that he didn't even notice.

"Seonghwa Hyung, you okay?" Kai asked, looking worried.

Seonghwa's eyes snapped from their daze and met with the three of them, sitting there looking at him. Hongjoong too looked at him in an alienating manner.

"Yes I'm fine" Seonghwa said quickly, worried about what could happen if he let on anything that was happening behind closed doors.

Seonghwa's head was rushing around trying to piece things together before it finally started to make sense.

Seonghwa looked between Hongjoong and the group of boys in front of him, pondering over his words for more than a few minutes.

Something clicked in his brain that things just weren't right

The people sat in front of him could do whatever they wanted without permission, these people call people their names, these people have freedom and he had none of that but then and again, he loved Soobin but his new question was:

Do I love him enough to risk my life?

The answer to that question was most likely a no but through the days of tourture and struggle Sobinghwa could no longer define the difference between right and wrong.

"Is it wrong to trap someone somewhere?" Seonghwa asked out of the blue without explanation.

"In the context of what?" Taehyun asked, clearly intrigued by the idea of something like that.

"Kidnapping" Seonghwa mumbled, his tone severely questioning.

"Well, yea, that's wrong in a lot of ways" Taehyun responded, not quite knowing what to say. "What makes you ask?" Beomgyu queried, slightly lost over the topic.

"Ah- well...I don't know,'' Seonghwa stuttered. He didn't quite know what he was doing with himself.

"You seem...kind of spooked" Yeonjun said, suspicion of a greater problem riling up in his stomach. Both Seonghwa and Hongjoong seemed wrong earlier to the rest. Hongjoong less than Seonghwa, he seemed to be alright aside from his disturbing physical state.

"N- no" Seonghwa denied despite the feeling of sickness taking over his body.

Soobin's words

"It wasn't me"

Those were the words that seemed to piece it all together for Seonghwa

One by one the image of how life was meant to be formed in his head but still the image twisted and contorted into a mess that he couldn't make sense of.

The whole time Seonghwa had zoned out, the rest of them kept chatting casually as if he never asked the slightly disturbing question. They brushed it off oddly fast but that was nothing they'd complain about because, well, to them it was nothing but a question of curiosity, not a question of experience.

A/N

This one was shorter than expected so I hope I can make the next one longer :)

votes and comments appreciated

As always, I love you all lots <3

~Author C