Chapter 24

“Have fun on your date, Lacey!” Lillian dismissed me sweetly as I made my way to Harry’s truck. He stood by the open passenger door and helped me inside.

“I missed this gentleman,” I giggled while he climbed in through the driver’s side.

“Again, sorry for my absence but hopefully this date will make up for it,” He pulled my hand up to his lips and kissed it slightly.

“Am I underdressed?” I asked, referring to my casual sundress and flats.

“Nope, you’re perfect.” He gleamed as he stared at my body.

“And don’t you forget it.” I laughed, pulling his chin up so that he could look at my eyes, and not my boobs. He joined me and leaned in for a peck on the lips.

“Never in a million years,” he said after pulling away, starting the car and exiting the driveway. We drove for a few moments in a peaceful silence and I leaned my head against the window.

“So how’s Zayn?” He brought up from the quiet and I refrained from answering, pretending that I didn’t hear. “Lacey? Hello, what are you day dreaming about?”

“Huh?” I replied stupidly. He looked at me with concern and I sighed. “Why do you ask?”

“I guess you can call this as me being interested in your, friends.” He spoke cautiously and stared grimly at the road. I know how he feels about Zayn: he hates him.

“Forget about Zayn. This date is between just the two of us,” I said, cleverly avoiding the subject. Are you telling Harry that or yourself? My conscience was right, both Harry and I should spend our night without Zayn in the back of our minds. Mostly me, anyways.

“Okay, okay fine. But only because I know what you’re doing,” He smirked at me, referring to my trying to avoid a fight.

“Thank you.” I smiled and he pulled into a huge parking lot where a huge white screen was placed up front. I realized what we were doing when I saw a bunch of other strangers in their cars all waiting for a film to appear on the screen. I squealed excitedly and looked at a relieved and happy Harry. He may look like a punk and act like an asshole sometimes, but there’s no doubting that he is the most romantic. Now do you remember why you love him, and not Zayn? That’s it; I have to stop thinking about Zayn.

“Harry! I have always wanted to go to one of these! What movie is playing?” I asked, hardly able to contain my joy.

“Well, I remember you told me that you liked Harry Potter so, coincidently, this drive-in theatre was playing the very first Harry Potter movie: The Sorcerer’s Stone. Do you like it?” He asked, looking for approval. I yanked the collar of his jean jacket towards me and kissed him passionately to answer his nervous question. His lips eagerly met mine and he ran a hand through my hair down to my back. He tried to deepen the kiss; however, I heard the movie start to play and pulled away. Five minutes into the movie, Harry reached to the back seat and brought a picnic basket to the front.

“I figured it was too cold to have a real picnic. Fuck February,” Harry groaned and I chuckled. He muttered, looking away from me, “except for the fact that it’s my birthday month.”

“What? When is your birthday?” I asked, starting to panic. He never told me this. What if I missed it? It was already February 9th.

“Um, it was February 1st.” He stared at the screen, clearly uncomfortable. Looks like you did miss it. I couldn’t think of anything to say, I was dumbstruck. How could I not do something for his birthday? I never remember being told by him about his birthday date, however.