Chapter 40

"Aaron, you really are the best." I hugged him, before he sluggishly walked to clean a disgusting booth for me. It's been a few weeks after the whole Ivy cheating incident, and he begged me to forgive him. I was outraged with both of them for hurting Zayn like that, but I knew I could use Aaron's guilt to my advantage.

"Of course I am." He shrugged, wiping chili and hot cheese off that table.

There was a ding from the front door opening and Harry walked in, slowly. My heart fluttered at the sight of him, but I saw someone follow close to him. It was Niall, the same guy who cat-called to me when Harry did nothing in front of his friends, the same guy who ruined my Valentine's night. Harry spared me no look and continued to talk with his friend, as they took their seats at a random booth.

Aaron was about to go and take their order, but I stopped him. Harry still was not looking at me. He knew I work here; wouldn't he at least want to say hi to his girlfriend? I pulled out my small notepad and pen, indicating that I would take care of them to Aaron. Gracefully, I walked over to Harry and Niall's booth, interrupting their conversation.

"Hey boys, can I do anything for you?" I asked, pretending as if they were strangers. Well, Niall was but Harry certainly was not. Harry looked down; pretending to be preoccupied with texting and Niall glanced up at me with an odd look in his eyes.

"You can actually do a lot of things for me," he smirked, using a sexual innuendo, and I cringed.

There was nothing wrong with Niall physically; he was actually very good-looking. Some would say he was my type: tattoos, piercings, player, the lot. But something about him made me dislike him; maybe it was just his personality. I heard a thump underneath the table, and Niall clung to his leg in pain. Harry had kicked him.

Yet Harry still refused to look at me. I just wanted his bright emerald eyes to look at me. I just wanted him to rebuke Niall for his crudeness towards me. What is wrong with him?

"Anything for you, Harry?" I spoke his name, finally catching his attention. But he didn't look at me with love or greet me with at least a smile. He looked up at me like a deer in headlights, complete mortification written on his face. Now I am really confused.

"You two know each other?" Niall asked, becoming a bit jealous. What? How could he become jealous when I was his best friend's girlfriend? Unless.

Niall didn't know.

Harry never told his friends about us, yet? I had thought this whole time he knew that I wouldn't feel comfortable around his friends, which, right now, I didn't. We had been dating for seven months now, and yet he refused to tell anyone about us.

"I come here from time to time." Harry said quickly, afraid that I would blurt out something I wasn't supposed to. Like the fact that we were actually a couple.

"Uh, um I will have someone come take your order. You have a nice night." I said, turning around to get Aaron. I didn't want to deal with this right now. I couldn't. The hurt and shame that Harry had caused me to feel, again, was too much to bear right now.

"Can't you just take it?" Niall tried to reason with me, but I was already walking away into the kitchen.

"Dude, relax. If she's upset, which she obviously is, she wouldn't be a good waitress anyways." I heard Harry argue with Niall. You're damn right, Harry. I was upset, thanks to you.

"Can you actually take care of those two's orders?" I asked Aaron timidly, sensing his apparent confusion.

"Wasn't that Harry? Are you guys in a fight right now?" Aaron asked, concerned with his hands on my shoulders.