Chapter 13

Who is Malcolm? How did he know where I live? How does Zayn know him? How does he know me? As usual when it comes to Zayn, my head is spinning with questions.

"Zayn, I thought we were so close but you know never introduced me to the famous Lacey!" Malcolm smirked as he took off his Ray-Ban aviators to expose his gorgeous green eyes.

Zayn squeezed my hand harder and harder till it felt as if my knuckles would break. I let out a soft whimper but his grip did not loosen. He just stood there, glaring at Malcolm. Obviously, he didn't like this man which made me want to slap the smirk right off his beautiful face.

"Malcolm, leave." The only words that escaped Zayn's mouth were harsh. After I couldn't take his hard grip on my hand, I grabbed his forearm and tried to push him off of me. Confused, Zayn let go of my hand.

"Well, that is rude. I just arrived." Malcolm complained, smiling as he taunted Zayn.

"Malcolm, please! She doesn't-" Zayn was cut off by me.

"Who are you and how did you find us?" I asked, summoning all the bravery that I had inside me. Zayn glared at me for speaking up.

Whatever he was hiding, this Malcolm knew about it. Realizing my actual inner fear, Zayn's eyes softened and his muscular arm wrapped around my waist. He was acting like my boyfriend, which had to stop, but not at this moment. Something about Malcolm scared me; he seemed dangerous. And I know Zayn would protect me.

"See? At least Lacey has somewhat manners," Malcolm chuckled, acting charming but I saw through his charade.

"Malcolm, we can do this anywhere else. Not here, not with her." Zayn threatened, pulling me closer to him and I took hold of the bottom of his leather jacket.

"Well, look at you two! You are so adorable together." Malcolm mocked and before I could say anything, he added, "I don't think you quite understand, Zayn. I told you that it would come to this on the deadline."

Deadline? Come to what?

"I need to look for it, I wasn't a part of my father's," Zayn thought for a minute, "business."

"Oh, I get it now. Aren't relationships all about trust and honesty?" Malcolm tested Zayn, now mocking him over the secret he hid from me.

"Why don't you ask your wife about that? I'm sure she would have a different opinion." Zayn smirked at his comment. I am sure I would find it funny too if I KNEW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON.

Malcolm's face reddened out of anger."What? Oh, so Lacey does know? Or are you hiding practically everything important about your life from her?" He bit back and Zayn made a fist with his other hand.

Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around his body to keep him from hurting Malcolm.

Malcolm, recognizing that he had caused enough damage, rolled up the tinted windows and sped away, nearly running over the both of us in the process. If it had not been for Zayn dragging us backwards, we would probably be dead.

However, my heel collided with the curb and I tripped backwards, dragging Zayn down on top of me. Chest to chest, the situation was made extremely awkward.

Instantly, Zayn pushed himself off of me and stood up before grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet.

As soon as I was standing, I reeled my hand out of his and wiped the dirt off my clothes and hair. And before Zayn could come any closer to me, I spoke up.

"Tell me what Malcolm was talking about or leave." I threatened. Zayn's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Leave, now." I commanded, my eyes watering.