Chapter 17

Zayn caught himself. My phone buzzed and he looked at the screen.

"Um, your aunt Lillian is calling you." He muttered. I couldn't tell if I was thankful or disappointed that Lillian called as soon as Zayn was about to kiss me. You are thankful, obviously. Yes I am, but maybe he wasn't going to kiss me. Did I really even want to talk to Lillian right now?

"That's okay," I spoke.

I didn't want to leave Zayn right now. What if he forgot about me and called Malcolm while I was talking to Lillian? I can't let that happen.

Though he says that he doesn't want to be the bad guy that he supposedly was, I know he isn't the same with me than he is with Malcolm. True, I haven't ever seen the two interacting other than the drama at my house. I don't ever think I ever want to.

However, if I am going to figure him out completely, I do want to see all the sides of him. Ever since I had laid eyes on him, he intrigued me.

"You know, I never actually met your aunt before." He chuckles nervously, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

I gave him a confused look before realizing that he was right. I must have overlooked Zayn when it came to Lillian. Ava, Damian, and Harry had all met her; maybe he just slipped my mind. Weird, considering that Zayn is always on your mind.

"You're right, and you should." I smiled at him, before getting up to put the guitar back.

Walking back towards the couch, I picked up the TV remote from the coffee table and plopped myself down next to him. He faked a yawn and stretched his arm around my shoulder. I scoffed at him and he gave me an angelic smile.

"Oh don't act all innocent. You're trying to pull middle school moves on me. At least buy me dinner first." I laughed, pulling his arm off of me.

"Well, all I have is one day old room service." He offered.

"Mm sounds delicious," I rubbed my stomach like a child.

"You don't even know what it is yet." He gave me his trademark smirk.

Zayn patted my knee and got up to retrieve the food. Immediately I followed him to the fridge. He opened it up, still not realizing that I was behind him. He needs to be more observant.

It was bare, other than the packaged room service and a duct taped black box, which obviously wasn't containing food.

"So what's in the box?" I inquired, giggling.

"Shit." He breathed jumping back with the food in his hands, closing the fridge door.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't think it was so secretive." I said, snatching the food from his big hand.

"Seriously Lacey, now isn't the time to play 'detective.'" He growled. "Just sit down."

I looked at him shocked at his callous response to my playfulness.

"Way to kill the mood, bro." I muttered, taking at seat back on the couch.

"Bro?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, sitting on the couch. There was a good two feet between us.

"What about it?" I asked, pulling the fork he was offering.

"That's a new one." He looked at me like I was crazy.

I just shook my head and turned on the TV. The first channel was showing 'The Notebook.'

"Aw, you like romantic movies? Same." I nudged him and he shot me a playful glare.

"It wasn't me." He defended himself.

"Who would it be?" I snickered. He froze for a second before shaking it off.