~1~

"George it's time for school!" My Mom yells from downstairs. I roll around a little not even having the energy to get out of bed. I sit for a few more minutes before a knock on the door causes me to sit up a little.

"George come on the bus comes in 15 minutes." My Mom stated the guilt lingering in her voice.

"Do I have to?" I sigh. She nods her head before leaving the room. I slowly sit up the exhaustion hitting me. I make my way to the closet pulling out a blue sweatshirt and jeans. I throw them on combing my hair out enough to look presentable.

I walk downstairs two bowls of cereal sit on the counter. My younger sister sitting in front of one of them.

"Are you guys excited for school?" My Mom asks trying to start a conversation. I just shrug while my sister has a smile on her face.

"Yes. Just nervous about making friends." My sister adds. She was very talkative and would have no problem making friends in a 2nd grade class. Me on the other hand would. I wasn't super social anymore and with everything that had happened in the past few months I wasn't excited at all to be here.

A little back story on my life is I moved here a few weeks ago. Boxes were still sitting in the house and my room didn't even feel like mine yet. My Dad died 3 months ago and my Mom immediately decided she couldn't be in Brighton anymore. I had friends and a life that I loved and I had to leave it all behind to move here. Florida. I barley have left the house to explore my new home and I really couldn't bother to.

This was my last year of school before I could leave and go somewhere else. Maybe back to my real home but I really wasn't sure anymore. I couldn't care what I did with my life now a days. When my Dad died I just got lost. And I still can't seem to find myself. The smart kid who was able to talk to people and make friends. I was kind and I guess cool in my old school. They boy with the perfect family and the parents that have been in love for the past 20 some years. I had it all at one point. And now it all went to shit.

"The bus is here for you George go ahead and go. Annie I'll drive you." My Mom gave me a hug before I walked out to the bus. I hopped on not even bothered to say hello to the driver. I gave a fake smile before sitting down in an empty seat in the middle. It was only about a 10 minute walk to the school but I didn't have the energy or want to do that. I put in my earbuds playing some music to pass the drive. We stopped a few times making the ride longer than I thought.

One of the boys we picked up sat all the way in the back being obnoxiously loud for 7 in the morning. I internally rolled my eyes turning up the music. I drowned out the sounds and closed my eyes. The bus filled up and I had a boy sit next to me.

"Hey I'm Bad are you new?" I stop my music giving him a nod.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"George" I answer shortly. I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Oh woah. You have an accent." I nod my head and he gives me a smile. "I like it"

"Thanks" We pulled into the school and everyone scurry's off the bus. I was in no rush to go into the hell hole so I exited last.

"Well I'll see you later George. Bye!" Bad waves good bye and I do the same. I grab my backpack throwing it over my shoulder. I walk into the school and into the office that was on the left of the entrance. convenient I though. I walked in standing in front of a lady at the desk. Her hair was gray and pulled back. Reading glasses sat on her wrinkly nose.

"Hello how may I help you?" Her voice sounded stern.

"Hi um I'm new. My names George." I grumbled out. She seemed kind of like a bitch and I didn't want to get in trouble on the first day. She hummed before handing me a schedule and pointing me in the direction of my first class. I thanked her before walking over to my locker. It was near my first class so I wasn't worried about being late.