~18~

"Clay?" I questioned a puzzled look on my face. He looked up at me darting his eyes around the park. He was rubbing his neck nervously making me even more nervous.

"George..." He mumbled walking a little closer to me. I flinched slightly making him take a step back before he approached again lightly. He sat on the opposite side of the bench leaving a few feet between us.

"What are you doing here?" I ask lost on why Sapnap lied to me. Confused on what Clay was doing here.

"I need to talk to you." He whispers looking straight ahead off into the empty playground. I scoff rolling my eyes at him. I didn't want to hear anything he had to say. But knowing what he could do to me I didn't want to get in his way. I sigh before nodding my head at him.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles before finally looking my way. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you. If I knew you had your own problems going on I wouldn't have done all tha-"

"So you pity me?" I hissed making him cower into the bench. He was clenching his fists making them turn white in the darkness.

"No, it's the opposite really. I don't exactly have the greatest home life. And when you got here you seemed to have the exact life I wanted. You had parents who loved you and a good home. Not to mention when my ex-girlfriend started talking to you and when-" He stopped talking making me antsy.

"When?" I question my voice softer than I wanted it to be.

"When you took my friends too. Karl and Sapnap adored you and I just felt like you were taking everything away from me. I mean all I had left was Drista and somehow your sister found away to take her too." He rubbed his neck again which I've noticed he does a lot when nervous or stressed.

"I know that's not an excuse. I put you through shit you didn't deserve. I'm not asking for forgiveness I just wanted you to know why I was such an asshole." He sighed meeting my eyes. He lightly smiled at me but I saw right through it. I saw his hurt and pain. I didn't want to forgive him. I mean how could I. The shit he did to me broke me. I completely fell apart again after just getting picked back up. I mean how could he do that?

"I'm sorry about your Dad too. I get it, it sucks." He sighed making me look up at him. I gave him a questionable look not really expecting an answer though.

"My Dad died when I was 12. He had stage 4 cancer by the time we got him to the doctors. Had 3 months to live by then." He spoke. I could tell it still hurt him.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled watching a stray tear fall down his cheek.

"It's fine. I had to get over it." He gave me a soft smile but I was stuck on his words.

"Had?" I question feeling him tense up beside me. He just shook his head and I dropped it.

No one spoke for probably another 10 minutes. I really couldn't tell the time as we just sat looking at the stars and every once in a while taking glances at each other.

I checked my phone as a text came in from my Mom asking when I would be home. I checked the time realizing we were out here much longer than I thought.

"I have to go Clay." I whisper making him look my way. I stand up waving goodbye. He looks at me desperately before grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to him. I stumbled by surprise resulting in my head colliding with his chest. I looked up and my breath hitched in my throat. 

His face was inches away from mine. His lips look so soft and his eyes that were shimmering yellow looked straight into my soul. His small stubble and soft breath on my nose. I watched his eyes slowly look down to my lips. I didn't even feel his hands leave my wrist and connect with my waist. I was so caught up in his eyes.