~22~

After composing myself a little I walked back inside. My face was noticeably red from crying but I could blame that on the cold.

When the door clicked open all eyes turned to me. Annie and Drista smiled but seemed a little worried. Delem just looked at me shocked and seemed dazed.

"God George you're shivering." He ran over to me wrapping a blanket around my back. He pulled me over to the couch resting my body on his own. Warmth slowly filled me as the shivering slowed.

"What were you doing out there for so long? I saw Clays car leave like 10 minutes ago." Delem questions making me tense. What if he saw our conversation? What was I supposed to say?

"I just needed some fresh air I was getting dizzy for some reason." I lie which Delem didn't seem to catch onto.

"Are you okay? Maybe you should go to sleep or something?" He suggests making me chuckle. I was glad he cared but I knew I wouldn't be getting any sleep due to my thoughts tonight.

"No I'm feeling better. Plus I need to watch these rascals." I explain making the two girls look over at me.

"Hey!" Annie yells making Drista and I giggle. I give her a quizzed look making her sigh. "That wasn't very nice." She explains not realizing I was kidding.

"Ya George that wasn't very nice." Delem agrees ganging up on me. I scoff rolling my eyes at the two.

"Well if I'm so mean I guess you guys don't get ice cream tonight." I challenge making Drista gasp.

"NO" All of them yell in different ways making me burst out laughing.

"I didn't mean it I take it back." Delem pleads making me smirk at him. He was now giving me puppy eyes as I ran my hand through his hair. I sighed at them but I wanted ice cream too.

Another hour had past and it was close to 9. I told the girls they could stay up till then and I was now struggling to get them to sleep. The sugar running in their systems was not helping either.

"Annie! If you two don't go to sleep right now Drista won't come over for a whole week!" I threatened making her pout. I rolled my eyes but watched as both of them curled into her bed.

"I will check up on you again in a half an hour and if you aren't asleep Mom will have to come home from her friends house and you know she wouldn't like that." I mentioned making Annie sigh.

"Fine" Annie whined but I knew she would be asleep by then.

"Love you George!" Annie exclaimed making me smile.

"Love you George." Drista added making me smile even wider. That was the first time she ever said that.

"Love you guys too." I reply turning off the light. The night light stayed on to keep them happy till they fell asleep.

I walked back downstairs to go sit with Delem again. We would probably just chill and put a movie on. He was lying on the couch when I came down scrolling on his phone. I sat down next to him and he pulled me down onto his chest. I tensed slightly making him chuckle.

"Still aren't used to me yet?" He teases as I let out a forced laugh. But I felt uncomfortable right now and I didn't know why. I never felt like this before with him and I wasn't sure why I was.

I laid with him for another 20 minutes till I was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

"I'm going to bed soon" I mention making him sigh.

"Ya I should probably leave I've got stuff to do tonight anyways." He added making me smile.

I looked up to his face giving him a soft smile. His eyes were burning into my own as I watched his face switch to different emotions I couldn't read.