~23~

Waking up the next morning I did my best to clear my mind of everything. I was going to hang out with Karl and have fun. I wasn't going to ponder over Clay and Delem anymore today.

I changed into a black t-shirt and a jacket to go over it. I put on some light sweatpants to keep my warm. It was getting close to winter but it was still Florida. It was in the 60s but I always got cold easily.

I picked up my phone on the way to the bathroom to see a text from Karl.

Karl- We are going to an arcade today I'll be at your house in 15 minutes.

I read over the text before continuing in the bathroom. I brushed my hair and teeth before doing some skin care stuff too. When I was all done I went downstairs with my wallet and phone. I still had 5 minutes till he would arrive so I chilled on my couch until then.

When I got a text from Karl I ran outside locking the door as well. Mom had come home late last night and took Drista home this morning. Annie was out with Mom grocery shopping and wouldn't be home for another half an hour.

When I got outside I waved at Karl before hopping into the passengers seat.

"Hey Gogy how are you?" Karl asked a smile on his face as he pulled out of my driveway.

"I'm better. Trying not to think about everything." I explain knowing what he was asking about.

"That's good, hopefully we will be having too much fun at the arcade for your mind to be thinking about him." He replies making me agree. I was hoping that I wouldn't ruin today because of my own problems. I did miss my time with Karl and this would be nice.

I got over our stupid problems that I couldn't even remember anymore. Our friendship meant more to me than a few little arguments and I was glad we could put that behind us.

"So just letting you know I'm beating your ass today at the arcade." Karl boasted making me scoff.

"We'll see about that." I reply making him chuckle. I knew Karl was really into video games and arcade ones too. I'm pretty sure he has a Pac-Man at his house. But I was good too. 

"Ok how about this. We each put $30 on our card and the person with the most tickets at the end wins." I suggest making him nod his head in agreement.

"Ok sure but what does the loser have to do?" Karl questions making me think.

"Pay for dinner and a round of bowling." Karl seems in thought for a moment before agreeing.

"Ok fine. But just saying I'd like pizza for dinner." Karl teased making me giggle.

"Alright than you can buy it when you lose~" I joke making him sigh.

"Whatever we shall see who the victor will be." We pull into the parking lot and step out. It was now around 1 so it was kind of crowded for a Saturday. We both walked into the building as music played on a loud speaker. People running around all the bowling lanes filled up. I could barely hear Karl over all the noise.

"There's the card machine lets go get our tickets." Karl points to a line with only one person in it. We stand behind them making small conversation about how crowded it was here.

"Alright we'll put $30 on yours and 30 on mine." Karl spoke putting the money into the machine. When it was all set he handed me mine and we went off to do a few games that were competitions.

He won a lot of the ones that were shooting games lasting longer than me. But I won the racing ones most of the time. Those games didn't give us any tickets but they were still a lot of fun.