~26~

Another time skip cause I've been doing that one a lot lol

With the start of break and Thanksgiving rolling around it's been a little crazy in the Davidson household. Well specifically from my Mom. It was the night before the holiday and she was running around like a crazy person.

I've gone to the grocery store three times today to get things she has forgotten. I know that she wants this meal to be perfect.

Mom wants new traditions to start with us. All of our other holidays are filled with memories of our Dad, but this one isn't. It's new and even though we would all love to have him here with us, we can celebrate this one as just us three.

Well and the other two. Drista and Clay are coming and I couldn't decide how I felt. At first I was excited to see him again. To talk to him and figure us out. Now that Delem wasn't around to hold back on what I was feeling, I knew now that I did want something with him.

I know he hurt me. That he put me through a lot of pain that I didn't deserve. But I loved him, and I couldn't change that. But I could get over the past and make a new future with him. 

A few weeks ago I hated Clay with everything I had, but I learned who he really was and that's what mattered to me. That he wasn't the person I though he was, he was so much more.

And that's why tomorrow I planned to tell him how I felt. I couldn't do it last time but now I was ready. I really did want him and I needed to tell him. 

"George! Can you and Annie make some cookies for me? I don't have time to make them." She pleads stress written all over her face. I agreed not wanting to make her even more stressed.

"Annie! Lets make cookies!" I call over to the couch as she sat watching a movie. She paused the movie making her way over.

We started by grabbing all of the ingredients we needed. Annie spilt some flour as she pulled it out getting glares from Mom. Lets just say Annie didn't deal to much with messy things for the rest of our time cooking.

I set the timer on the oven and started mixing all the ingredients. I scooped the proper amounts while Annie poured them into the bowl. When all the dry ingredients were set she mixed them together as I started cracking the eggs. I added the wet ingredients before letting Annie mix again. 

We washed our hands to start making the balls of dough. When we started placing them on the pan we had many different sizes since neither of us were doing the same ones. I preferred bigger cookies while Annie made more proportionate ones.

Either way Mom would be happy since Annie wasn't begging to make something anymore. Mom normally loves having Annie help in the kitchen but not for this holiday. Annie was stuck sulking on the couch as we made the early preparations for tomorrow.

It was mostly cold things since the main meals could be made tomorrow.

We soon put the cookies in the oven as it was now heated all the way. Me and Annie sat eating the remainder of the dough as the cookies were baking. We did a little bit of cleaning before they were all done and looked a light crispy brown.

Annie was begging to try one but Mom wanted her to wait till tomorrow. But I was able to sneak one behind her back as I plated them for tomorrow.

Annie ate it secretively but Mom still noticed. I got an annoyed look from Mom but she didn't mention it. Instead I got put in charge of putting Annie to bed. Luckily she wasn't to much of a problem as she was tired today. I soon followed with going to sleep as I knew we would have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow morning.

A loud knock woke me the next morning asking me to clean the living room and tidy up my own room. It was a lot less work than what I was expecting so I hurried downstairs before Mom changed her mind. The kitchen was tidy and Annie was picking up the dinning room at the moment. She was moving the piles of papers from Mom into her office.