2

Megan pov:
MEGAN IS 10 here

Focus. Moms words circled around my head and I tried to just do exactly what she told. Focus.

"You're not paying attention!" She said looking down at me. With a sigh, I got up.

It had been like this since I was born. I was able to hold a gun when i was 5 and use it when i was 6. Mom taught me self defence and knife techniques. All this was easy. But, I was annoyed. I barley, if ever, went outside. Mom would keep me inside. She said she wouldn't know what to do if they saw me. Who's 'they' you're asking? Well I don't know.

"Megan this isn't a fucking beauty contest, come on." She said.

"Well obviously I'm not gonna beat you. You're fucking bigger and stronger than me." I replied.

"That's where you're wrong. Even if someone is bigger than you, you're just gonna let them..win? Also, don't fucking swear, you look funny when you do and I don't wanna laugh." She rolled her eyes.

"Well if you would just tell me who I'm 'training' for, maybe I would have something to motivate me." I yelled at her.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because..because.. you said you would."

"Yeah, I said when you're old enough. You're only 9 and you're swearing as if you're a white man that's just saw his favourite team lose a football match." She chuckled and sipped her water.

"Shut up!" I was getting angry now. My breathing got heavier. She looked at me and with a sigh walked over. She crouched down to my level and laid her hand on my shoulder.

"Listen, I made a promise to myself that I would protect you as much as I can. I don't want you to be taken by him. He'll take you to Gotham or some shit place. I want you to be safe. That is my one goal in life. I love you, kiddo." She sighed. Mom always had these moment but this time felt genuine.

"I see so much potential in you..How about this, if you train hard enough today, I'll quickly get ice cream for you." She raised her brows. My weakness. I loved Ice cream since I was young. It was my favourite food, snack, desert. Whatever, I loved it.

Vanilla too.

"Okay!" I smiled and she gave me a high five and we began training again.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm not 9, I'm 10."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"oh."