23

Megan's pov:

It was finally the day of the party. I had all the stylists around in my apartment so they could all help me get ready. They did my weave, make up and fitted my dress on me.

I thanked them all and just took one look in the mirror. I smiled as I saw myself. Obviously, I couldn't forget my mask.

I headed outside and entered the back seat of the car.

"I gave you specific instructions, yeah?" I said to my driver. She was a hit-woman I hired but she wouldn't be killing anyone. She looked close to how I do. Brown skin, nice eyes..similar. She has a replica of my dress and I have my Domino outfit hidden in the building already.

The plan was simple. I invited 3 of the names left on my list but for some reason, Bruce Wayne 'couldn't make it'. Anyways, I'll be with Jason somewhere and then tell him I need to use the bathroom. Then, I'll give a signal to the hit woman so she'll go and change into the replica dress and I change into a waitress uniform or something.

Then, she goes back out, with the mask on and goes and dances with Jason. I take the two men into a room and kill them. Simple.

Finally, We arrived. I stepped out of the car, fur scarf around my arms as I smiled at the paparazzi. The mask covered basically 3/4s of my face. It was a beautiful moon crescent mask.

I walked in the building and saw how much people there were. The ballroom was how I planned, everything according to plan. I took it all in and smiled but then I felt hands go over my eyes, blocking my vision.

"Guess who?"

"Hello, Jason." I smiled and turned to him. I gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"You look amazing..honestly." he chuckled.

"You don't look bad yourself.." I fiddled with his tie and grinned. "Lemme see your mask!"

He rolled his eyes and showed me his mask. It was a simple black mask but the detail was beautiful.

"Nice..Would you like to dance?" I took his hand.

"I'd love to. Please.." He stuck out his arm and I wrapped my arm around his as he walked me down the golden stairs to the ballroom.

"Where's Mr Wayne?"

"You do know that you can call him Bruce, right?" Jason chuckled. "He has some work to do."

Of course he did.

We made our way to the middle of the dance floor. I tied my mask to my head and wrapped my arms around him. He swayed me around the ballroom as I stared into his green eyes. His hand laid firmly on my waist.

I'd never felt this way with anyone but Jason. I think I loved him. Of course, I will never admit that. But the way I feel with him is unimaginable. Euphoric even. He always knew what to do and what to say to make me feel good. I nestled my head into the crook of his neck and closed my eyes. It felt like only me and him were in the room.

Only me and him.

"Umm..Jay?"

"Mmhmm?"

"I need to pee." I chuckled. I looked at his smiling face and caressed his cheek. He'd never understand what I've been through. And it'll stay that way.

I walked to the bathroom where I'd meet the hit woman.

"Here.." I passed her my mask as she went into a room to change. I went into a stall and changed into the waitress uniform. I walked towards Mr William Fritziland. A man who worked with the law to ensure James would never go to prison or end up in trouble.

I unbuttoned the two buttons of my shirt so my boobs would show. I 'accidentally' bumped into him, causing his drink to fall over him.

"Hey, watch it!" He said but gasped when he saw my chest. Why old men like seeing young women like this I'll never understand.

"I'm so sorry.." I said looking down he wouldn't see my face and recognise him.

"I-it's okay.."

"No, please. Let me take you to a bathroom and clean you up." I grabbed a hold of his dirty hand and guided him to the bathroom, locking the door tight.

"Take your shirt off.." I whispered. And he did what I said.

"So.." He looked around before I pushed my knife to his chest. He looked me in my eyes and looked down at his bleeding chest.

"M-Megan..You.." He furrowed his brows.

"When you see James in hell, tell him I said hi." I took the knife out of his chest and dug it into my pocket. I pushed him into a stall and unlocked the toilet.

Now for the other one.

Alexander Daniels. Trading and investment. Wayne's lucky he isn't here, now I have to let out my frustration on poor Alexander.

I always despised Bruce Wayne. When I heard he too was investing in Black Industries, I was furious. They make him out as some hero and shit when he's the reason James could do what he want.

The worst bit is that he acted like he knew nothing about it

I did the same thing with Alexander. Locked the bathroom and stabbed his head.

"You can blame Brucey." I whispered with a smile. Hid him in the stall, put the knife in my pocket and headed out.

I didn't go back onto the dance floor but I did make eye contact with 'Megan'. She went away from Jason and went to change.

I changed back into my beautiful dress, scrubbing the blood from my nails at the sink. My hair was just fine and I looked relatively okay.

I got my mask and tied it around my head.

"Hey, your bladder keeps filling up or something?" Jason laughed as I returned to him.

"Sorry! I had a lot to drink before this." I chuckled.

"Excuse me folks, but can the stunning Megan Black please come to the stage?!"

Speech time!

"Wow..This place looks amazing. And all of you look so gorgeous. Thank you all for coming!" I smiled as I spoke into the mic.

"Becoming CEO hasn't always been a dream of mine. I wanted to become a princess! But then, things happened. Like for starters, America doesn't have a royal family. But I never stopped dreaming." I grinned. "I know there are many kids in Gotham who have a dream. And I know many of those kids are homeless, orphans, neglected, abused. That's why my first act of CEO is to fund orphanages, charities..everything."

I received a loud applause from everyone and I bowed as I walked off the stage.

"Didn't know you could give such a heart moving speech.." Jason put his hand on his heart and I giggled.

"Let's get outta here, Jay." I wanted to have my fun with Jay before someone discovers something.

I took him to my car and we sat in the back seat as an actual driver drove us home. I pulled up the partition of the car, giving Jason and I note privacy.

He pressed his lips onto mine and had his hand wrapped around my waist. I broke the kiss and stared into his eyes.

"Fuck..I cant wait to go back home.."