32

Megan's pov:

"So, dinner today?" Jason asked through the phone. I was still in bed, fatigued from yesterday.

"Umm..sure." I yawned.

"In Wayne Manor?" Jason said.

"Yeah..Yeah.." I yawned once more. "See you later."

I hung up my phone and stretched. I didn't plan on having the dinner come this quickly but whatever.

Later on, I showered and got ready for dinner. I dreaded going. First of all, because Bruce Wayne is there. Second of all, I don't what to do. I've never had a relationship this complex and I've never done these things.

I wore a black and white Chanel dress with some heels and drove to Wayne Manor.

I stood outside for a while. It was around what 5pm or 6pm. It was getting cold and I'm practically begging for someone to open the door right about now.

"Oh, Miss Black. Please come in." A man appeared at the door. He looked quite old but not that old.

"Thank you.." I smiled and stepped in the manor. It was nicely lit up, paintings hung down the hallways.

"Just this way.." The male led me down the hallway to a beautiful dining room. There were candles and shit and it, frankly, looked beautiful.

"Hello you.." I turned around and there was Jason and Bruce. I wanted to groan and roll my eyes. Instead, I hugged Jason and shook Bruce's hand.

"Megan. Great to see you." Bruce smiled.

It took all the strength in me to smile back.

"Good to see you too." Later on, we all sat down and began to eat dinner.

"So, Megan, how do you find being CEO?" Bruce asked.

"Umm..okay. It's very stressful, I wasn't expecting all of it. But I do manage." I nodded and smiled. "I can imagine how hard it is for you. Being CEO of Wayne Enterprises.."

"Well when you've done it for this long, you'll get used to it. Trust me." He chuckled.

"The party looked amazing, well apart from that..I do apologise on my absence." Wayne said.

"Oh it's fine. I don't know why but I keep thinking it's always me getting pushed into these situations. I only invited those two men because they were close to my father. I personally didn't know them.." I sighed.

"I can imagine how tired you must feel. It's been a tough year." Bruce spoke again.

"Bruce.." Jason turned to him.

"No it's okay." I smiled. "I've been dealing with it my own way but it hasn't affected me that deeply. Like I'm not sad just..lost? I dunno.."

"Jason tells me you take self defence classes." Bruce and I looked at Jason who was just grinning.

"What else have you told about me?" I laughed a little. "Yes I used to but with everything happening, I've stopped. It's been like two weeks since I've gone."

The dinner wasn't awkward just a lot of long pauses. It was mainly me and Bruce speaking. It felt more like an interrogation as he bombarded me with questions.

"The manor looks beautiful." I smiled looking around. "So what..do you guys always have dinner like this?"

"Nah..we just order takeout." Jason smirked. "I never think what it's like for the delivery drivers. Imagine driving to a whole manor to deliver Chinese.."

We all laughed a bit and finished our meals.

"It was a pleasure, Bruce." I said as I got up from my seat.

"Please. The pleasure is all mine." He smiled at me.

Jason walked me down the hallway.

"Wait do you wanna see my old room?" Jason asked.

"Of course!"

Jason led me upstairs and into a fairly big room. The walls were a brownish colour and all of his old toys were scattered in the corner. The bed was still tidy and the curtains covered the window.

"When's the last time you've slept here?"

"Can't remember honestly." He chuckled. I walked around the room and saw some of his old pictures. Some of them were pictures with Bruce and others looked like he took then himself.

I held the photo frame and looked at him. He had his tongue out and he looked so silly.

"How old were you here?" I smiled up at him.

"I was 10." He grinned. "I don't know why Bruce doesn't just take this room down. It's been years since.."

"Since what?" I furrowed my brows. Jason poked his bottom lip with his tongue and shook his head.

"It's nothing."

I looked away from Jason and brought my eyes to the picture again. He looked so happy.

"You were so cute.." I chuckled to myself.

We eventually went downstairs and Jason walked me to my car.

"So what did you think?" He said leaning so he could talk to me through the car window.

"It was good. I enjoyed the meal, really. Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem. Get home safely, alright?"

He waved me off as I drove back home. The whole drive home I just thought about everything I said. Did I slip up? Did they misinterpret what I said?