4

Megan's pov:

"Hey." A man said. I looked around me. I was in an office? I looked down and saw all the dried up blood on my hands and knees and pyjamas. I felt a bruise on my lip and my nose was bleeding. My eyes felt so tired.

"Yeah, that was your mothers. sorry." He pouted then chuckled.

"This is your life now. I suggest you get used to it, Megan."

"Sir.."

"Yes?"

"Are you my father?" I asked looking down. My own voice scared me, raspy and dry.

"That, I am."

There was silence.

"sir?"

"Yes."

"..Can I sleep?"

"Not like that, you look a mess! I wanted to show my friends that I have a daughter, how about we do that first, huh?" there was a smile in his voice, cockiness.

I shook my head and looked up at him

"I'm tired." I quietly murmured.

He sighed.

"Take her."

A man walked in with a suit and guided me to my room. We walked down a hallway and I swear one of the men from last night walked past us. He was laughing, cackling. It was him. He did that to mom.

When we reached my new room, I scanned the room. Not me at all. Bright colours and toys everywhere.

"Miss Black, I am deeply sorry." He said.

Megan Black. Is this my new name?

"It's okay." I whispered. But it wasn't. I don't know what to do anymore. Why? Why not me?

Why did they do that to her? Did he order them to do that? Why? What did mom do to deserve that? She was getting beaten up and..I was asleep.

This was my fault. I could've prevented this, with all she's taught me, I could've killed all those men in a heartbeat. But I was fucking asleep.

I screamed into my pillow the whole night. No one came and asked if i was alright or that i needed to shut up. they just left me at it.

Good. Because if anyone walked through this door, I'd kill them.