5

Megan's pov:
present day..

10 years. It's been 10 years since that awful night. I still stayed in that mansion. I still ate their food. I drank their drinks. They all still worked for James. They all smiled in my face and joked with me as if they hadn't caused my trauma.

Since James was amongst the most popular men of Gotham, I was seen as nothing then his spoiled little daughter. I would go to the parties and events he did. It was everyday almost.

I don't know why I couldn't refuse. I felt empty, ever since mom died. I can still see her blood on my hands. I remember not eating anything they gave me for a week until the butler helped me. It was tough, James wasn't helping either.

"Miss Black?" The butler knocked on my bedroom door as I got up from my deep slumber.

"I'm awake." I yawned.

"Alright, your breakfast is downstairs waiting for you."

"Thank you.." I yawned again and went to go look more presentable. I tried to tie my hair into a bun but the hair band broke..I guess we'll just go with our hair down.

"Morning." James said sipping his coffee.

"Hello." I replied.

"There's an event today." He began. "It'll be a big party so when you are going out there, you represent me."

"What's the occasion?"

"Black Industries is turning 6!" He smiled at me and I looked back at him, void of emotion.

"Great. Good for you." I sighed and began making my morning coffee.

"You know, it's been 10 years...you don't have to still be such an arrogant bitch about it. She died, move on." He chuckled and sipped his coffee again.

"She didn't die. You killed her." I faced him and he was just smiling at me. Like he took pride in what he did to her, in what that did to me.

"Where's the proof? I wasn't there. You walk past the same men that murdered and raped her and yet you do nothing. My men told me you fucking tried to do CPR on her. So who really killed her. You was there, her blood was on your hands. You couldn't even save her.." He laughed. I stood there, silent.

I hated it because part of what he was saying was true, I couldn't even save her. I walk past the same men that did that to her and they smile in my face. And I just do nothing.

Later that day, I tried on the dress I'd be wearing to the party. It looked fine, the burgundy matched well with my skin tone. I looked great, I looked like mom right now.

Eventually, James got ready and we were in the car driving to the venue. I looked out the window and the car was silent.

"Don't pull any dumb shit, Meg. I'm serious."

"Or what?" I faced him. "Are you gonna kill me next?"

He looked at me for a brief moment and turned away from me. And before we knew it, we arrived.