33

Jason's pov:

Sunday morning. 5am.
Since Bruce had this "amazing" idea to basically stalk Megan. Bruce just has a weird motto, he'd do anything in his power to make sure this case gets solved which is what kinda makes him a good Batman in general. You'll never hear me openly say that though.

I sat on a building opposite Megan's penthouse apartment.  I was tired as fuck. It was 5am for fucks sake. I looked through my binoculars and saw her get up out've bed. Understandably, I felt very awkward doing this.

She got up and stretched a little. She went to, I'm assuming, the bathroom to go shower.

I waited 30 mins, occasionally going on my phone to spare my boredom. I returned my binoculars to the apartment and she was in her workout clothes. Nothing suspicious so far. Later, she exited her apartment and went to the gym. I followed her but obviously on top of the buildings.

A couple hours later, nothing extraordinary happened. She went to Bi hq and did whatever she did there.

She stayed there for 15 hours. 15 fucking hours. I just scrolled on my phone and ate Alfred's sandwiches. I was beyond bored. None of them even texted me. Not Bruce, not Dick..not even Stephanie, and she always spams me.

Finally, she left the office. It was dark already. She returned back to her apartment as I just sighed.

"Yo!"

"Fuck!" I yelled turning back to see Dick in his nightwing attire. "You blue bird bitch.." Dick laughed and sat next to me.

"How's the stalking going?" Dick asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"I don't like this, Dick..." I sighed. "I feel like I'm a bad guy,.it's her privacy...woah woah what is that?"

I looked through the binoculars and Megan was changing her clothes. She took her top off and I could see what looked like a scar or a bruise on her stomach.

"Jason, how are you going to say that this is an invasion of privacy, then-"

"It's her."

"What?!" Dick snapped his neck to look at me.

"It's her. I remember when I fought with Domino once, I sliced her stomach. It's definitely her." I sighed as this realisation struck me. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it.

"That could've been from anything though.." Dick added.

"A slice like that? From her rib cage to her hips? No way.." I poked my cheek with tongue and just sat there contemplating.

"What are you gonna do? You can't just ask her.."

"I don't know, Dick. I don't fucking know." I said before I grappled away.

I returned to my apartment and practically threw my helmet on the floor. Groaning as I ran my fingers through my hair.

She lied to me. Not deliberately but she lied. She killed her father. She killed all those men. Would she kill me next? No, I won't let that happen.

I thought of texting her but before I could, she texted me first.

Meg
Hey you okay? <3

I didn't even feel like texting her back. I didn't know what to say and feel. I can't just avoid her. But I don't wanna deal with her now. I don't wanna deal with Bruce now.