Chapter 26

Camila was told that she was going to be discharged in the afternoon, she was told this the next day and in the morning, the nurses were doing their morning rounds of medicine when one (not Lauren’s mother of course) came into Camila’s room and told her that she was set to be discharged after 1 that afternoon. 

Of course Camila, Lauren, Maddie and Alejandro were more than elated, it was good news to hear that she could finally get out, her wounds only needed a quick recovery however she was told to take it easy on the arm and leg, and watch out for any further discomfort on the ribs, this was something Camila could handle easily. 

Camila and Lauren packed her things quickly, with Maddie’s help the job got done even faster, Alejandro had to leave for work and of course he knew it wouldn’t be long until the girls would be back but he made sure he said goodbye, especially to his new favourite person Maddie. 

After packing had been done Lauren looked for flights on her phone, she was checking the overall prices of her flights back to New York and it wasn’t till Camila looked over her shoulder that Camila actually knew what she was doing and of course Camila told her to stop, she didn’t want Lauren to pay from some flights when she could just have the jet. 

"Baby, just take my plane okay, no more disagreeing just do it" 

Lauren sighed, and gave up “Argh fine”

Camila smiled, proud of herself for wearing Lauren down and eventually proceeding her to give in. 

"Good" Camila gleamed as she placed a delicate kiss on her girlfriends lips. 

When Lauren returned this kiss, Camila felt the familiar goosebumps and the swirl of the tummy she always got when they kissed, hyping her on for more when the younger one of the two traced her tongue on the bottom lip of Lauren’s. They only came to a holt when they heard a little clear of the throat. 

Camila pulled her lips of off Lauren’s and turned to see Maddie, her arms folded and her hip bouncing, giving both girls ‘the look’ when her eyebrows were raised. 

"Come on, the quicker we go the quicker we can come back" Maddie exclaimed with a clap of hands. 

And with that, they sped up, Lauren returned to the hotel to pack their bits, Camila joined them but shortly after a load of goodbye kisses and a couple I Love You’s Camila went back home, her preparation of the house at a high with her and her staff, plus she needed to get work sorted out if she wanted that break. 

———————-

On the journey back to New York Maddie mostly slept, Lauren however made a list of things she wanted to take with her, knowing Camila had practically everything, she thought she wouldn’t need to take much.

When Maddie woke she groaned and placed her little head on Lauren’s lap, invading the pen and paper space, however Lauren didn’t seem to mind. 

Lauren drew her fingers through her daughters hair, taking in her features, it always made her happy to know that most of Maddie’s features were like Lauren’s and not her fathers, something of which she hopes to never see again. 

"Mads?" Lauren asked softly, not sure sure if her little girl was fully awake or not.

Maddie opened one eye, squinting it a little from the light that flooded in. 

"Are you 100% sure about this baby, I don’t want to do anything if you aren’t okay?"

Maddie groaned sleepily, her face indenting her Mothers leg as she spoke, “Mummy, you know how much I want to move in with Camila”