Chapter 15

Lauren opened the door to a nervous looking Camila, it had been two days now since their awkward run in at the store. In all truth, Lauren was a little torn up, she didn’t expect Camila to have a girlfriend. She didn’t even expect to see Camila there, but it happened, and she wanted to forget it because she realised there was no hope for them now. Well, thats what she thought until today when Camila turned up at her door. 

Lauren peeped round the door to see Camila, she shut it as quick as she opened it, she didn’t want to see Camila, why would she after whats just happened.

“Lauren please” Camila begged through the door as she hit it with her pure knuckles. 

Lauren did nothing in return, she just stood there, frozen. 

“Lauren please open up, I would like to see Maddie one more time before I leave, please Lauren?”

Lauren let out a huff and opened the door, Lauren thought Camila would of come straight from work, but she was wrong because the woman in front of her was wearing skinny grey sweatpants and a whit crop top, Lauren wasn’t sure if this was gym mode or relax mode, which was weird considering Camila didn’t really have time for that stuff. 

“Hii” Camila said awkwardly, as she raised her eyebrows and lifted her hand only a tiny bit to wave. 

“Hi”

“Look, I just want to see Maddie before I leave” Camila told her, she could feel Lauren’s urge to kick her out. 

“Why? Haven’t you done enough”Lauren semi shouted at the girl, cautious of Maddie in the background. 

“Lauren please, I just want to see her” Camila said as she raised her shoulders. 

“Fine” Lauren huffed out, she knew if she said no Maddie would be upset with her. 

“When do you leave?” Lauren questioned as they made their way towards Maddie’s room. 

“In two days time” Camila told her as she shrugged with a sad smile.

“Oh, okay” Lauren spoke mindlessly as they entered Maddie’s room, Lauren first so she could almost hide Camila just to see Maddie’s reaction. 

“Sweetheart, theres someone here to see you” Lauren said softly to her little girl.

Maddie’s head instantly looked up, her smile huge, she pounced off the bed and ran into her arms. 

Camila let out a little happy grunt as she picked the girl up, finding some random strength and lifting her above her head. 

“Hey you” Camila spoke softly as she looked up at the adoring little eyes. 

“Mila, what are you doing here?”

Camila bought her back down to her hip and stroked her hair softly.

“I came to see my best friend didn’t I?” Camila asked. Maddie nodding her head ferociously with a huge grin. 

"You did?" Maddie asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I have to see her at least one more time before I leave again" Camila told her as she tickled Maddie’s stomach. 

"When…when do you leave?" Maddie choked out through the tickling, her face turning to a frown. 

"In two days time darling"

"But Milaaa, why can’t you stay?" Maddie whined.

"Because I cant monkey"

"Monkey?" Maddie asked her with a giggle. 

"Do you not like it?"

"No I do, but it’s just funny" Maddie giggled as she nuzzled Camila’s neck.