Chapter 23

“What- what the hell?” Lauren stammered as she attempted to speak, completely shocked, never in 100 years did she think that after all this she would see her Mother, the person who abandoned her.  

“Why…what…you…work here?” Lauren asked as she stuttered once more. 

Lauren’s Mother was just as surprised as Lauren was when she stepped through the hospital room door, she didn’t know that Lauren would be there, heck she didn’t even know Lauren was in Miami. 

Clara shook her head a little in astonishment, “Lauren, you look…I can’t believe you are here”

"I didn’t know you was a Nurse?"

"Yeah I -

"I don’t know why I said that, because I don’t know anything about you" Lauren told her as she chuckled lightly at herself. 

Clara walked in Camila’s hospital room, shutting the door lightly behind her as she grabbed the paper work from the end of Camila’s bed, standing opposite Lauren as she checked over Camila.

"So, Lauren, what do you do?" Clara asked as she attempted to fill the awkward situation. 

Lauren laughed arrogantly, “Don’t do that” 

"Don’t do what?" Clara asked confused.

"Pretend like you care" Lauren spoke simply as she gritted her teeth.

Clara’s defence mechanism drew up, “I do care about you, and we did, but we were and are idiots”

Lauren laughed and rolled her eyes, her hand releasing Camila’s hand, “Well then why didn’t you try and get me back?”

"I ….. Lauren we -

“Did you know that my little girl is so smart they asked her to move up a year” Lauren questioned, her tone a hint of venom involved. 

“Did you know that she is the cutest, brightest, kindest, funniest little girl out there and did you know she has qualities which you and dad have, do you know how much I try to hate it but i can’t because its in her little skin” Lauren paused and took a breath, her eyes staring right into her Mothers. 

"I love my daughter and I would never take back what happened, and even though you’re here right now, I don’t think I can ever or will ever let you talk to her or be in her life because she does not deserve someone like you" 

Clara went to talk but Lauren stopped her with her hand.

"Do you understand?” Lauren asked, the venom still remaining in her voice.

Clara sighed and fiddled with Camila’s papers, “I understand”

Lauren nodded her head, she was inquisitive about Camila, she wanted to know her recent updates but she felt a little on the awkward side. 

"I…do you know how long she’ll be out for?" Lauren asked as her hand found Camila’s temperate one once more. 

"I can’t really say right now, its a little bit too early, but our guess is a couple more days, she’ll come around, she just needs time"

Lauren nodded her head in understanding.

"So, is Camila a friend of yours?" Clara asked lightly as her pen danced upon the paper. 

"No, she’s my..uh..she’s my Girlfriend" Lauren spoke feebly, as the words left her mouth she thought about it, the last thing her Mother knew was that she was with a guy and that she was straight.

Clara looked up from her paper, her eyes giving the expression which she was attempting to hide, “Oh, so you’re gay?”

"I…yeah" Lauren admitted chuckling a little.