Chapter 10

Camila’s face instantly dropped once she heard that, did she even hear that correctly. 

‘Mommy’ Camila thought to herself. 

Lauren was a Mum? Surely that was a mistake, surely the little girl was confused. There was no way Lauren could be a Mum, surely something that big would of come up. 

I mean thinking about it, it does make sense, Camila thought. 

"Erm, I mean, is that your Mommy then?" Camila asked her carefully as she got to the little girls height by bending down. 

“Mmhm, should I get her -“

"Maddison" Lauren’s voice called from a far, not in eye sight of Camila yet but her voice well known, a hint of worry in the tone. 

"Maddie, what have I told you about answering the door to strangers, you know -"

Lauren lightly scolded the girl, but then as she got closer she lost all words and functions to speak. 

"C..Camila" Lauren stuttered her eyes wide and her heart rate rising, that was something Lauren did not expect.

"Erm hey…" Camila spoke, the shock still evident in her voice too, Camila stood up so they could have an eye to eye conversation. 

“Mads, why don’t you go and find a book for me to read so you can go to bed” Lauren asked her sweetly as she placed her hand upon Maddie’s head and ran her fingers through the young girls hair. Completely ignoring Camila at this point. 

“But Mom” The little girl whined as she threw her body into Lauren’s, her head just touching Lauren’s hips. 

“Baby, its late, you’re tired. Now bed” Lauren told her as she pointed to the hallway, raising an eyebrow.

“But Mum, its a Friday, pleaseeee” The little girl practically begged Lauren, giving her best puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. 

“Baby no, you know the deal, you get so tired”

The little girl let out a grunt and attempted to storm off but not before her Mum grabbed her and picked her up in her arms.

“Where’s my kiss?” Lauren questioned.

“Fine” The little girl whined and kissed Lauren’s cheek, her little feet padding away as Lauren placed her back to the ground.

“Wow” Camila let out, her movements at a halt as she was stunned to see what just happened in front of her; Lauren being a mum. 

“Yeah…” 

“A daughter? I mean an actual daughter Lauren” Camila questioned as she placed her back against the door frame and tilted her head back a little. 

"I just…. I don’t know what to think Lauren, Jesus Christ how did I not know"

"It’s just, I mean, I don’t know Camila, you’re just my client you’re not supposed to know these things" Lauren told her as she stood opposite the girl. 

Camila rolled her eyes “The client thing again, really Lauren?”

"A daughter?" Camila questioned again, her shock still high from what she had just found out. 

“Well, yeah Camila but -“ Lauren was lost for words, she didn’t know what to say or how to say it. 

“I mean, I’m relieved” Camila told her honestly as she tilted her head back down so that she could look directly at Lauren’s face. 

“You’re what?” Lauren asked her quickly, she was confused as to why Camila had said this.

“Jesus Lauren the way you used to sneak off so quickly I thought you was like maybe married or maybe a drug dealer or God something! You don’t even understand how much my mind wondered about why you would leave so quickly”