Chapter 17

Lauren opened the door to a nervous looking Camila, a huge bag next to her on the floor, her hair up in a high ponytail, her face beautiful as always. 

Camila gave out a smile, Lauren returning a confused look, but adding a smile at the end. Lauren opened her jaw, but nothing came out. 

It had been 2 weeks since the girls had previously seen each other at Normani’s wedding, before the wedding it had been a month since they had seen each other, so you could say this visit was long over due. 

Camila spoke quickly, her mouth running before her brain “I know you said to not come and see Maddie, but it’s her birthday and I want - I want to see her, give her present and that” 

Lauren stuttered in return, her body still shocked from Camila’s appearance “Yeah, I - okay…”

“I thought it was only fair that i’d see my favourite person” Camila shrugged with a smile.

"Oh, it’s so nice of you to come see me then" Lauren winked as she giggled a little.

"That’s not you Lauren" Camila chuckled as she bit her lip. 

Lauren faked a pain in her chest, a hand clutching over her heart “Ow, that hit me where it hurt” 

Camila giggled lightly in response, rolling her eyes at the girl in front of her.  

“Yeah well, you haven’t been my favourite person in a long time”

“Ouch again Camila” Lauren stated as she clutched her top even harder. 

"But I was once your favourite person?” Lauren asked as she looked straight into Camila’s eyes, Lauren took her bottom lip between her teeth subtly. 

“Yeah” Camila spoke as she narrowed her eyes, her tone astonished that Lauren didn’t know that. 

“You’re were mine too, but we - er fucked it up” Lauren said with a light hearted titter. 

Camila let out a chuckle “Yeah we did…. I did”

“Yeah so did I” Lauren added sadly. 

Both girls stood there, their gaze strong on each other, it wasn’t an awkward one it was just strong. 

“So erm - is Maddie here?” Camila asked cutting away the gaze they held. 

“Urm - Yeah” Lauren nodded as she moved out the way. 

"Thanks" Camila smiled sweetly as she entered the home. 

——————————

“Mila, you’re here” Maddie exclaimed as she ran up towards Camila. 

“Hey baby” Camila spoke enthusiastically as she picked the little girl up and lifted her in the air like Simba in Lion King. 

“When Mummy said you were going away I didn’t believe her” Maddie spoke as she shook her head ferociously

“I know, I’m sorry” 

“I had so much work to do, I had to go” Camila tried her best to explain herself, guilt reaching over her once more from Maddie’s expression. 

“Well, you’re not leaving again” Maddie stated as she folded her arms over and frowned exaggeratedly. 

“I’m not?” Camila questioned, an eyebrow raised, a huge grin on her face. 

“No” Maddie said cutely as she shook her head ferociously once more.  

“Okay” Camila agreed as she nodded her head softly and smiled.