•18•

Episode 7 ~ Major Arcana

★ ★ ★

Alisha sits with Jace, her brothers and Magnus in the now clean living room, thanks to the Lotova family. Jace stands up with Jason whist Magnus lays out on the sofa. Alisha and Jason both sit on the floor beside each other. Clary suddenly walks in looking very confident.

"I know where the cup is." She states making them all stand up quickly. Alisha stands beside Jace as they look at Clary.

"Come again?" Jace asks and Clary turns to him.

"The tarot cards." She turns to the Lotova's who all seem to be adding it up. "My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it." Jace and Magnus look at each other and then back at the Lotova's. Alisha suddenly realises what the two are thinking and looks back at them.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?" Clary asks seeing their expressions. "All we have to do is find... Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—" Jace begins but Magnus cuts him off.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." Alisha keeps a straight face even though she found it funny.

"But he can control demons. I've seen it." Clary states looking between everyone in the room.

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." Magnus informs.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Jace states sarcastically.

"Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky." Magnus adds as Luke enters with bandages covering his wounds.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her." He states making everyone smile slightly, knowing they have a chance.

"That's great. This should be easy." Clary jinxes.

"Mmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus states making Alisha, Jason's me Isaac smile.

"Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet." Luke comments.

"Discreet? You look like something out of The Mummy movie." Clary says making Magnus, Alisha and Isaac laugh. Jason gives his siblings a warning look making them shrink in their spot.

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix." Luke smiles and they all nod at each other.