Chapter 5

One day in mid-November, there was a strange atmosphere on campus.

After afternoon class, the counselor personally came to our apartment bedroom to inspect. It is said that he received a notice from the school that a student had illegally brought alcohol into the dormitory.
In the evening it is the last match of the World Cup qualifiers for the Chinese soccer team. Whether he wins or loses, it will be the last ray of hope of entering the World Cup.

In our bedroom, Bai Lin, is a soccer fan. Naturally, the other three people were also led away. They watched the Bundesliga and Serie A every week.

A 21-inch television is installed in each room of the girls' college. On weekends, the cable TV signal is always on, so you can always see the lights off on TV shows. However, during normal hours, there are only two times of the day when there are TV signals: from 12 to 13:30 and from 17 to 19:30 in the afternoon. As soon as the time comes, the main control room of the school automatically cuts off the signal source.

However, there are always exceptions.
Many games of extraordinary importance are not always played when we can watch the live broadcast, or there is no cable signal or the lights are off, and at this time, the computer has not been popularized by all the students in the school.

It was then that the students rose to protest.
Often, everyone would go out on the balcony and shout loudly in the dark night: "Hey, Ya then", or "I want to watch a soccer game on television".

In addition, they took spoons, lunch boxes and sinks, and made loud noises while beating and protesting rhythmically. Suddenly, there was the sound of pots and pans.

Generally, in ten minutes, our calls will be heard.

On important days we resort to this method, it is our way of protesting.
So, even today and Sunday, the school informed in advance that there would be a television in the evening, so that we can watch the football game in the bedroom.
At night, the game enters the rest period.
Commentator A said: "For fair competition, the AFC organized all the later rounds of the group stage at the same time. But I did not expect this to be the case".

Commentator B said: "Yes. According to the rules of the Asian Division of the World Cup qualifying rounds, the ranking of the teams is to look at the points first, and the points are the same to see the goal difference. The Chinese team and the Kuwait team now beat their opponents today. There is no suspense. The key is goal difference. Now we have a goal difference disadvantage".

Commentator C said: "But the news from elsewhere before the game is very unfavorable for the Chinese team".
Commentator A smiled helplessly: "The Chinese team can be tacitly understood unless a miracle occurs".

Commenter C said: "I don't blame others at the moment, but the Chinese team itself. Maybe I will leave fans and friends waiting for another four years".

Having said that, I went back to the commercial and looked at Bai Lin.

She was already full of tears.

As the ninety minutes approached, the situation became increasingly unfavorable.

At ten thirty, the game was still going on, but all the bedrooms were plunged into darkness before their time.

Suddenly, the classmates became noisy, in a posture that people could not stop after watching the game.

A colleague from the opposite floor stood on the balcony and shouted: "Master, if you don't let us finish watching the game, I will jump out of the building".