Epilogue 5: ,"Begging for a change 4"

"why?"

"Here are the northern lights and the best caviar in the world."

Hearing caviar, my eyes lit up: "If I eat and drink until I burst, you can pay for the return ticket, right?"

"You could avoid bursting," He looked at me.

I laughed, "Have you come here before?"

"Yes. But it's very far away. I've only been here once."

"It's actually not as cold as I imagined it would be in the Arctic Circle," I said

"There are warm currents here that come from the North Atlantic and the sea water does not freeze in winter. It is warmer than other places with the same latitude.

"Despite having said all that, once I put on all the thermal gear, he grabbed an extra blanket and wrapped me in it like it was a wrap. Then, he just allowed me to go out.

After sunset, the temperature dropped sharply and it became very cold.

Leaving the camp, I pointed to the sky curiously and said, "Look, look, what is it?" Are the stars that bright? "

Under the influence of the polar night phenomenon, the sun appears here for a very short time during the day. It will go dark if you don't pay attention.

The clock hands have just marked the beginning of sunset, but the sky is already dark and a bright, shining star hangs in the sky above our heads, eclipsing all the other stars.

Mu Chenghe followed my finger and said, "That's the North Star."
"It's actually very close to us."
"Because this is the Arctic Circle," he laughed.

I exclaimed: "Will we be able to see the northern lights?" Since he is wearing very thick gloves, I couldn't hold his hand, so I had to hold onto his arm and continue walking

"I'm not sure."

"But it happens every year, right?" I asked insistently.

"Yes, this is the season when you are most likely to see one. You just have to be patient. Certainly, we could wait, but we won't be able to stay long."

The next day, when the sun rose, Mu Chenghe took me fishing on a frozen lake. The third day we went to the beach.

I have been waiting every day, day and night hoping it will happen but nothing. And I'm not just talking about the Northern Lights.

In fact, I have other expectations besides that. While we were in St. Petersburg, I was alone for more than an hour, thinking he was meeting some old friend, until later I saw the diamond ring at the airport.

At that moment, the security personnel asked him to take off his coat and then take out all his belongings.

I was ahead of him in line and had already passed the security check, when I accidentally turned around.

I saw him take a small black box out of his pocket and place it in the basket of items. The blonde lady at security looked up from her with a smile on her face and curious eyes. He on the other hand seemed a little embarrassed and, once the procedure was completed, he quickly put away the small black box.

I had no doubt, that little box must have been for me.

However, I have waited three days, but he still has it hidden somewhere on his body, there is no trace of it. He hasn't even made the slightest mention. I am worried about him.

On the fourth day I got a bad cold. While Mu Chenghe was giving me medicine, he blamed himself saying, “I shouldn't have brought you here.” It is a very cold place, we will return tomorrow.

He had a stuffy nose and had just finished sneezing, so my eyes filled with some kind of tears, and even though I pleaded piteously, he was not moved and decided to end the trip.

Upon hearing the bad news, not even the caviar on the table interested me.