Chapter 4

It's hard at home, I know.

The monthly medical expenses of the grandfather who is in the intensive care unit is a lot of money. My mom's work sounds good, but it's actually very little.

She used to give me three hundred a month, ten yuan a day. Later, the price of the products went up and she gave me an extra one hundred yuan. In fact, I saved most of the money and didn't move much. Unless I had no income from tutoring that month, I would take something, just for emergencies.

I went back to school for dinner and then went to study on my own with Bai Lin. At nine o'clock I left, she was a little hungry, so I went to the dining room to see what she found.

There are several televisions hanging in the hallway of the cafeteria.

After 7:30, the television signal is cut off in the bedroom and some people go to the cafeteria to watch television.

In fact, you can only watch provincial channels, but still everyone follows the programming with enthusiasm. At this time, the satellite channel of the provincial station transmits the weekly legal channel.

I took a look at it.

The image is under a high wall, with many prisoners standing in an open space doing mental health exercises like * "thankful heart" uniformly, and then the camera cuts to the side, and a police officer is to in front of them for the interview.

Wearing a police cap, on her straight navy blue uniform, she looked capable and energetic.

The journalist asked: "The director of the juvenile prison, after last year he was rated as one of the Top Ten Prison Policemen in the country by the Ministry of Justice and won second-class personal merit, do you feel pressured?"

The policewoman smiled, "There must be pressure, but pressure and motivation coexist. Also, these honors do not belong to me alone, but are the result of the joint effort of colleagues from across the prison area."

Bai Lin opened her mouth in surprise, looked at the screen, stopped and said, "Xiaotong, isn't she your mother? She's on TV again."

She said this in a low voice, but for the cafeteria that was empty after lunch the sound was very loud.

As soon as she finished speaking, all of her eyes focused on me.

I quickly pulled on Bai Lin and left.

Yes, that policewoman is my mother.

When she first appeared on television, my father and I had been watching in front of the television for a long time. At that time, camera equipment was not widely available on the market, so we could only use a recorder to record the sound.

Later, there were more and more programs of this type, and I did not even bother to ask about them.

She is a good police officer, really.

She used her sincere feelings and her meticulous sense of responsibility to penetrate the hearts of many prisoners. She values ​​them as much as her work, but she doesn't do the same with me.

On Friday, I received a new call from Peng Yu. She said to me, "Ms. Xue, tomorrow there will be a large exhibition of aircraft models at the Museum of Science and Technology. I have some tickets, so I especially invite you to come.

 I have some tickets, so I especially invite you to come