Chapter 5

"Don't touch me!" I screamed, causing my powers to go off. Men flew through walls. I cried out in pain, I felt overwhelmed by this. With men grabbing me from each side, they held me still. Their grip so tight, I cried out even more. "I don't want to! You can't make me!" My sobs filled the room as my sounds echoed, bouncing off the walls. The doctor that took cover came through the door. He looked me in the eyes before gripping my jaw harshly. "Do it or you'll get three hours," he threatened. "Give her the time shot, make it eighteen," The hot tears came running down my face. "No! I won't do it!" I screeched at him. He snarled at me, throwing me back. "Wanna make it four? Fine, four hours in the cell." He said. "Take her away." He ordered. The men lifted me off the floor and started to carry me back and out of the room. "No!" I kicked my feet in the air. "Stop it!" I tried to wiggle out of their grip but I was no use. "Please!" My voice was so weak and tender, my nerves felt like they were nothing, I couldn't feel my body.

"Please!"

I woke up gasping to the sounds of people talking, along with someone knocking on my door. I said come in, and Phil came through the door. "You ready?"

My eyes widened. "Already? I just woke up, my dude." I rubbed my eyes before stretching my arms.

"Well get up. There's an extra pair of shoes in the closet. I'll be out here when you're ready," he said, closing the door. I got up and put on the shoes. The pants that I was wearing were fitted but I didn't want to waste time and change again. Opening the door and meeting Phil's gaze, I began to follow him down a hallway-type place. "So are you taking me to Fury?"

"Indeed I am."

"And when will I meet who I'm working with?"

"Well, you'll meet some shortly. The rest maybe later, I'm guessing."

We headed over to the main control room. People, computers, trackers, were everywhere. I saw Maria in front of the center. People passed us as we came in and out of the room. People were talking, calculating, coding, doing any related to computers that I didn't understand. Phil guided me to the upper part of the room where I saw Fury, the eyepatch guy talking to another man. I stayed close to Phil as I wanted to be with someone I trusted. But we both overheard their conversation.

"Doctor, thank you for coming," Fury said with his hand outstretched. The man's eyes flickered up and down before taking it. "Thanks for asking nicely. So uh- how long am I staying?" he asked.

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind" Fury stated. The man shoved his hands in his pockets "Where are you with that?" and walked to the side, in the direction of me and Phil.

But surprisingly, Phil jumped into the conversation. "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the plant. Cell phones, laptops... if it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

I spoke up, bluntly. "But that's still not going to find them in time."

Phil looked at me then at Fury, who was already staring with his, of course, one eye.

"You have to narrow your field," the doctor next to Fury stated, bringing the group's attention away from me, thank god. The doctor fiddled with his coat, "How many spectrometers do you have access to?"

"How many are there?" Fury asked, crossing his arms.

"Call every lab you know," the doctor instructed, looking back towards Phil and me. "Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition," he said, taking out his coat. "At least we could rule out a few places."