Chapter 27

Tony

I watched from the window outside of the medical room. Bruce was treating her after her episode from earlier. He bandaged her hand and steady her vitals before leaving the room and joining me as I stared at her.

Her scene scared me to the point where I was considering not letting her come with us to retrieve the stones.

"I don't want her going," I spoke out, breaking the silence between me and Bruce. I could feel his eyes on me.

"Buttony, she could be a big help,"

I sighed, running my hand through my hair and to the back of my neck. "Give me one good reason," I faced him and he did the same.

"I can give you many reasons. She can turn invisible, maybe even turn us invisible, who knows. She can fly, some of us can't. She can make fire, make weapons on of it, we can't do that,"

Although his points were correct and he was just stating facts, I couldn't decide. "I don't know."

"What is holding you back, Tony?"

I let out a calm breath, looking forward. "I just don't want her to overdo herself. I mean, she's already in a lot of pain because of the stones. they're making it harder for her to function,"

"She's been in pain since she was sold to hydra,"

I met Bruce's gaze again. "Yeah, but it's not right to let her continue to be treated like that. She's just a kid after all,"

"A kid with a lot of potential," he stated before walking away, leaving me alone as I stared back at Bree.

I sighed loudly, pressing my forehead against the glass.

I should've let her go outside. Then I thought. Maybe I'm too controlling of her and she's not even my kid. Shit, I'm acting like my dad.

Shit.

*****

The gang got lunch before we began to brainstorm our plan. And when we got going, ideas were flying. We figured out where the remaining stones were located. Three in New York, one in Asgard, one in Vormir, and one on Morag.

Scott kept asking questions as usual and most of them regarded Bree. "What happens after we get all the stones? Do we give them to her? Because you all saw what happened earlier to her. She freaking passed out because of them-"

"Tic Tac," I cut him off. "Let's just focus on getting the stones first," I stated and he lowered his head nodding.

"All right," Steve began. "We have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot," he said as we all stood together. Yet Steve turned to me. "Is Bree up yet?" He asked and I said, I don't know.

"Well, you better go wake her up, we can't waste time on this opportunity," he ordered me and I nodded, making my way back to the medical room.

But when I came to the window, I saw her standing up from the bed. I stopped in my tracks to observe her, cause I saw her face in her hands, I knew something was wrong yet I froze.

***

Bree

A few minutes earlier

I could hear conflict coming from all around me and when I opened my eyes, I realized I was in the middle of a battle. The stones were glowing like crazy and that's when I knew, it had to be me. I had to do something different than what was about to happen. I feel every right emotion through my body. In my mind, it felt right. And I knew I was going to be the-