Chapter 7

The ship ride back seemed foreign to me. Stark kept looking at me as I pressed a wet cloth on my lip. Across from me sat the God, Loki, and near the front stood Steve and the metal man while Agent Romanoff flew. We could all hear Fury through the comms. "Has he said anything?"

"Not a word." Agent Romanoff confirmed.

"Just get him here, we're low on time." Fury said before she shut off the call. And at the same time, I looked at it from my gaze to see Stark staring.

I sighed, removing the cloth from my lip. "What?" I hissed and he looked away from me. I rolled my eyes, as I listened to what Steve had to say.

"I don't like it." He started.

"What? Rock of ages giving up so easily?" Stark said.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still you are pretty spry for an older fellow," Stark stated as Steve narrowed his eyes at him. Stark looked at him, "What's your thing, pilates?"

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things, you know doing time as a capsicle."

I watched as Steve clenched his jaw. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in,"

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." Stark looked off to the side. Causing me to do the same. My mind went elsewhere though.

"Tell me, your name is?"

I shook my head. "My name is Bree-" He slapped me. And hard.

"Wrong! Your name is?" He demanded me to say it. I opened my mouth but closed it.

He got closer. "I'm gonna ask you one more time," I could feel his hot, infectious breath on my nose. "Your name is?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting this. Not wanting to do this, any of it.

He slapped me again. "Say it!" He growled.

My head hung low after the impact. I felt dead. "Subject 6X-2G9," I finally mumbled out.

I could feel him smirking down at me. "Good girl."

I bit my lip as several men came into the room.

"Hold her down," the doctor said and the men grabbed me. I tried to fight them off but they were too strong for me, a 9-year-old. "Turn her over,"

They did as he said and before long, I felt a hot burning sensation being pressed into my skin. I screamed out in pure agony as they all laughed.

"What about you? What's your story?"

I glared at the metal man, piercing my eye into his, I thought he would get the message but apparently, that doesn't work on him.

"Where did Fury find her?" He asked, looking between Romanoff and Steve. Both shrugged. "So nobody knows anything about her?" He asked.

"She won't tell us, Stark."

I watched as he smirked, stepping forward to me. I cringed to myself as he reached out his hand.

"Tony Stark," he introduced himself yet I declined, keeping quiet. "Is she mute or something?" He faced Steve. Steve shook his head, no. "So what? Fury is now letting kids fight?" He kept asking yet no one answered him. He looked over at me.

"Kid, where are your parents? What are you, 15?"

"No."

"Ah, she speaks! Now, come one, aren't your parents worried about you?"

"They're dead, so no," I admitted to him. "They wouldn't be worried,"

"How old are you?"

"For your information, tin man, I am none of your concern,"

"Looks like we got a hormonal one,"

"Be careful with your next words, Stark,"

"Or what, kid?" Steve stopped him, putting a hand on his metal shoulder. "Stark, don't mess with her, okay? Just leave her alone,"

He pushes off his hand. "Yeah, well, I'm not afraid of a teenager, Rogers,"

Right as his words left his mouth, a blast of thunder filled my ear, causing the ship to take a sharp turn. All three of us looked at each other rather than at the God as he flinched at the sounds of the thunder.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve pushed as the God glared at him"I'm not overly fond of what follows," the god stated before a big strike of thunderstruck. And before anyone could react, an object had hit the ship, causing it to shake violently.

I threw the rag off to the side as I stood up from my seat, watching as Stark flipped the switch and opened the ship entryway.

I called after him, "What are you doing?" yet he only ignored me. A man with long blonde hair and a very big hammer had suddenly landed on the hatch, there he stood before Stark. As Stark approached, the man swung his hammer, hitting Stark as he flew back. The man was quick, taking Loki with him as he jumped off the ship.

With the adrenaline pumping through my veins, at the moment I felt the anger rising. "Kid, where are you going?" I heard Stark ask from behind. I glance over my shoulder at him.

"Where do you think?" I hissed. Turning back, I sprinted forward and jumped off the hatch after the man. I could hear a faint call from Steve before I shifted my flight, making my wings appear, I soared through the air, following after the man. He went far but far for me. I flew a good distance away until I saw them, standing on a cliff of rocks, I flew down.

Landing behind a boulder, I watched as they talked to one another. The man holds Loki with his hands on his shoulders. "I thought you dead," he admitted, now holding Loki up by his clothes.

"Did you mourn?" Loki asked him.

"We all did. Our father-"

"Your father." Loki pushed him back. "He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?" Walking past him, he went down the cliff.

The man spoke once more. "We were raised together. We played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" His words made him stop in his tracks. Loki turned to him. "I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness." His voice, getting louder. "I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I, who was, and should be king!"

"So you take the world I love as a recompense for your imagined slights?" He walked towards him. "No. The Earth is under my protection, Loki." He stops Loki's laughter, cutting him off. "And you're doing a marvelous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves while you idly fret. I need to rule them as to why should I not?"

"You think yourself above them?"

"Well, yes,"

"Then you missed the truth of ruling, brother." The man stepped closer to him. "The throne would suit you ill." Yet Loki pushed him back and out of his way, he walked to the highest point of the cliff. "I've seen worlds you've never known about!" Loki shouted, controllably. "I've grown, Odinson, in my exile." Loki turned to him. "I've seen the true power of the Tesseract and when I wield it-"

"Who showed you this power?" The man asked. "Who controls the would-be king?"

"I am a king!" Loki yelled, making the man grip onto him. "Not here!" He yelled back.

"You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream!" The man stated. Lifting his hand up to his neck. "You come home," Loki gave him a smile before laughing out, "I don't have it." The man backed away from him, summoning his hammer. "You need the cube to bring me home but I've sent it off, I know not where," Loki explained.

"You listen well, brother," the man started only to be suddenly taken away by the one and only Stark himself. About time, metal man, I thought to myself. I finally came out from hiding, jumping onto the rocks to catch Loki's attention.

"You're coming with me," I ordered, and surprisingly, the God surrendered himself to me while the two fully grown men fought each other in the background.