Chapter 16

Go, now.

Your time is running out.

You have days before-

I gasp, waking up. Feeling my heart race, like it was going to burst. I saw that it was daytime, the sunlight had come through the window and into the house, making it warm. It was quiet and I contemplated if he, the purple dude, was around, or even awake. With my elbows holding me up for support, I took a minute, letting my mind calm down. I still wondered how my portal led me here and why. I never knew this place existed, why would I come here?

My jaw clenched as I felt an ache in my head. I hissed, bringing my hand up to my forehead.

Then I saw something. Darkness consumed my sight, leaving me to feel light as a feather. Like I was floating. I could see stars, galaxies, planets. It all happened so fast, I could think.

"Little one?" The low voice interrupted, bringing me back to reality. I looked up to see the purple dude, holding a bowl. He peered down at me, specifically at my shoulders. Following his gaze, I realized the flames had appeared on them. I put them out, patting them away before looking back at him. My thoughts started to the crowd, I thought my powers couldn't work when injured.

He ignored it, holding out the bowl. "Hungry?"

Looking past it, I took it, seeing he didn't say anything, I didn't bring it to attention either. I ate as he watched from the stove.

I would look up now and then and all I'd get was his cold stare yet it didn't seem threatening. After I was done, he took the bowl and washed it. When turning back, he asked, "How are you feeling?" walking over to the door.

My mind trailing back to what had occurred before. The pain, the vision, the deja vu. He opened the door, causing the sunlight to blind my eyes. "Uh, my head kind of hurts," Putting my arm up, I shielded my eyes.

"And your legs?"

I glanced down at them. "Oh, right. Um-" I stopped, seeing him coming closer as he reached both his hands out. I leaned back.

"Try to stand," he ordered, making me gulp before hesitantly taking his hands. I scooted forward, setting my feet on the ground. I pulled on his hands and he lifted me.

My legs felt like they would collapse at any moment. They were wobbly and felt weak. "Walk," he said, coldly. I tried, stepping forward as he stepped back. I kept my eyes on the ground. I could feel my muscles starting to burn. I took a deep breath, walking through the pain, I took another step but suddenly fell. My legs collapsed under themselves, leaving me on the floor now. My legs went numb.

I sighed while hearing his voice. "Try again,"

"I can't feel them," I simply said, looking up at him as his eyes narrowed.

He sighed, walking my way. "Fine," he picked me up and carried me outside. I covered my eyes as the sun had hit them. He placed me on the stairs before he picked up a bucket and walked off.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To go harvest my plants," he told me.

I swallowed, watching as he went off and up into the hills. Leaving and trusting that I'd stay here.

But when he went over the hill and was out of my sight, I waited a moment, before I stood up.

That's right, I lied. But only for my safety. I didn't know this guy or what he was capable of. So I'm lying to him. Saying I'm injured.

I went back into the house and searched for something. Anything that could've helped me. I walked past the main area and went back to where he slept. It looked like a simple sleeping area. I went back outside and looked around and behind the house. But I wasn't finding anything.