Chapter 25

The rest of the Avengers back at Stark Industries was, at this time the next day, testing out their version of a time machine. In which they built one inside an old van. The testing went okay yet Scott came back as a baby and an old man version of himself.

Hulk saw it as an absolute win yet the rest like Steve, Natasha, and Scott didn't think so.

Steve took some time to step outside and take a breather. He was nervous and disappointed about this. Without the help of Stark, they only had one big, which was Banner who didn't seem to be agreeing with everything on the time travel testing issue. Steve didn't know what to do with himself or with the team because right now, he had no idea how this time travel thing was going to work out.

Yet something caught his attention. With the sounds of car tires screeching against the road, making sharp turns, he looked up to see a black car. It made a beeline straight to the front of the building.

Steve didn't flinch nor speak as the black then pulled up right next to him, only to go back in reverse as the drivers' window was out of his view. The car pulled up and Steve recognized the face as Tony rolled down his window.

Tony looked over at him and Steve sighed mentally to himself as he narrowed his eyes.

"Why the long face?" Tony asked. "Let me guess he turned in a baby," He said in his original sarcastic tone. Steve hesitated, didn't want to admit it. "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?"

"It's the EPR paradox," Tony stated, getting out of his car. "Instead of pushing time through time you might have wound up pushing time through Lange it's tricky, dangerous, somebody would caution you against it," Tony stated, looking off to the side, being the dramatic billionaire he always was.

"You did," Steve said.

Tony looked back. "Oh did I? Well, thank God I'm here," He grinned at him. "Regardless, I fixed it." He held out his source. "A fully functioning time-space GPS,"

Steve was impressed by his work. "I just want peace," Tony opened his trunk. "Turns out resentment is corrosive and I hate it," Steve gave him a slight smile. "Me too,"

"We got a shot at defeating Thanos the right way this time but I gotta tell you my priorities bring back what we lost, I hope, yes, keep what I found, I have to at all costs and maybe not die trying would be nice," Tony stepped closer to Steve and Steve brought out his hand.

"Sounds like a deal," Tony shook it, firmly. This being the first time in a while that they had gotten along and agreed on something, made Tony back away, not wanting to mess it up again. He pulled away and walked back to his open trunk.

Steve followed him as he pulled out the shield he had kept over the years since the fight. Steve sighed just looking at it. "Tony, I don't know,"

"Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding," Tony held it out for him and Steve took it, feeling the old memories coming back to him.

"Thank you, Tony," Steve said, looking back at him. Tony nodded. "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team," He stated, closing his trunk. "We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

"We're working on that right now," Steve told him about leading him inside but Tony stopped.

Steve gave him a look. "Listen, before we go inside, I'd like to show you something that I think would make a big difference in helping us," Tony said and Steve raised a brow in curiosity. He followed him about halfway to his car. "Wait here," Tony said and he did.

Steve's eyes narrowed when Tony called out, "Kid, you can come out now," and there in front of him came out Bree, looking the same as ever.

Steve stepped forward a bit before Bree came up, embracing him.