Chapter 19

Third-person

They eventually all agreed to go and find Thanos. While going at the speed of light, they finally made it to the universe Thanos was supposedly in.

"I'll head down for recon," Carol said before flying down to check out their situation. She came back shortly after.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him," She reported.

"And that's enough," Nebula said.

They landed the ship far away and carefully so that Thanos didn't hear them. They made their way to his little cabin and ambushed him while inside. Busting right through his roof, Captain Marvel, flew in, wrapping her arms around his neck as she used her foot to push down his hand with the gauntlet. Pretty soon Rhodes and Banner came in to help her out, pinning his other arm back. Thor burst through the front door to immediately slice through his wrist, making the gauntlet roll. Thanos screamed in pain as Carol tightened her arms around his neck. Steve and Natasha walked through the front entrance as Rocket rolled the gauntlet over, realizing that the stones were missing. "Oh no," he said.

Steve realized it too before looking over at Natasha. He turned to Thanos. "Where are they?" He asked.

Thanos hesitated. Carol leaned in, "Answer the question," she ordered.

Panting heavily, Thanos spoke. "The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation."

"You murdered trillions!" Banner roughly pushed him.

"You should be grateful," Thanos said before getting punched in the face by him.

Natasha stepped in with a shaky voice. "Where are the stones?"

"Gone, reduced to atoms,"

"You used them two days ago," Banner injected.

"Fine, they were taken from me,"

"By whom?" Steve asked, stepping forward.

"A girl," he coughed. "She nearly killed me,"

"Where is this girl now?" Natasha asked, coldly.

"Gone," Thanos propped himself up. "Galaxies away," He coughed. "But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable," he said. Thor clenched his jaw and Steve spoke up.

"Give us her name," he ordered but Thanos only chuckled. "There will be no need to find her, she's probably already been obliterated by the stones, along with the stones,"

"We'll have to tear this place apart, h-he has to be lying," Rhodes stuttered.

"My father is many things, a liar is not one of them," Nebula spoke up as she stepped closer to him.

"Ah, thank you, daughter," his voice, coming out as a loud whisper. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly-"

Thor cuts him off by slicing his head off his body. It rolled out onto the floor. Nebula wiped her face of his blood. The silence between the group fell.

"What did you do?" Rocket questioned Thor. But Thor stood there, peering down on his lifeless body. "I went for the head," Thor said before walking out.

The rest stood there in the dead silence that captured them. Steve thought about the girl he had mentioned and wondered if it was a lie or not. He pondered if she would be a threat to earth and if they should find her yet Thanos did say that she was probably dead by now by the stones and their power. Nebula closed her father's eyes and stood by him until they all left. Done with the mission, the knowledge of a girl being out there with the stones that they have received, they didn't know where to start or whether they should search. But as time passed, people started giving up.